KKV Kerry King Signature review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: KKV Kerry King Signature

Purchased from: Local retailer

It suits all music styles. I play mostly metal like Metallica, Pantera, Children Of Bodom and Ensiferum and does the job. It has great cleans, especially with the EMG 85. I'm using a Washburn wa15g practice amp (shitty) but it still sounds awesome, no effects just the amp distortion and the preamp gain. The EMG 81 are very bright and punchy, while the 85 is fat and thick sounding.

Again, it suits my style of playing, especially slayer stuff and to me it's the most perfect guitar I have ever played on. I have been playing for 2 years and had this guitar for almost a year and tried to compare this with my Jackson King V and this seemed better by far. If it were lost or stolen, I would either buy another one or chase after the bastard who took it because I had great memories on this guitar. I love it because of it's finish and fretwork and variety of sounds. I hate it for neck-thru thing, as I'm mostly a bolt-on type of guy. I was stuck between choosing this and the Jackson Randy Rhoads with EMGs and the ESP LTD EX-360 also with EMGs, but I chose this because it's high end and more better, IMO.

I would definitely not need a backup as it can handle itself very well, and also the moment I put on the strap through the strap buttons it remained solid and felt like as if it wouldn't come off. Although I have never gigged with it, I feel like it could be the star of show if I did. It can handle all the abuse you throw at it, except for the finish.

The guitar is very well built, no neck dives and well balanced for a V-style guitar. The best part about this guitar is flawless fretwork, do not buzz even on low action. The black finish and tribal graphics is what mostly drawn me towards it. But the finish sometimes gets easily chipped at the tips so the headstock has minimal scratches and the bottom tip of the V.

It was made in 2008, Korea... It has 24 XJ frets with all maple body and neck with nevk-thru and Kerry's own tribal graphic, black finish. The bridge is the kahler hybrid with the USA cam and chinese parts and the pickups are active EMG 81/85 with a PA2 boost preamp for additional gain and a 3way toggle switch, one volume and one tone knob. It also comes with the Grover Rotomatic tuners and a Floyd rose-style locking nut.