Masterpiece Bich review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 3.8 Poor
B.C. Rich: Masterpiece Bich

Purchased from: online

I play anything from jazz fusion to thrash metal so it got put through it all. I'd usualy use a Marshall Valvestate for recording, with the cheap B.C. Rich pickups the distortions were kinda breaking up, clean playing, this guitar has very weak sustain and presence. Replaced the pickups with a pair of iron gear HOT slags I had spare. Now for cheap pick ups the iron gears sound and look a hell of alot better than the stock B.C. Rich. Now it at least sounds ok.

I've play Session for over 25 yrs so I cover a wide range of music and playing styles and like I mentioned bought this on a whim, for around 260 I wasn't expecting much, but since this guitar has the "authentic B.C. Rich guitar" stamp on the neck, I did expect something. At least now with Imperial tuners and Zebra Stripe pickups it looks cool. Favorite feature? Its not much, but the B.C. Rich cloud inlays. If it was stolen? I'd laugh. I guess it not bad for a beginner wanting a cool looking guitar, but if your planning on this as a first guitar save another 100, you can get better new, and second hand... Far better.

I'd not put too much Faith in this for out gigging. Without a backup? I'd be using the koa Bich so wouldn't need one. Bc rich are known for pointy, you'd often see bits chipped and brused, so they do take a bit of looking after.

I'm not sure it was set up at the factory at all, or they'd have noticed how badly the nut was set into the neck. Tunning keys are naff, replaced with a set of imperials. The action isnt great but with the wonky nut it will do for now. Pickups nearly touching the strings. Intonation was well out. So set it up myself. Finish! All my guitars no matter the value are on stands, but after 3 days the lacquer came away at one of the joints in the white binding. The electrics seem fine but no doubt in true chinese made B.C. Rich fasion the jack plug will come loose and play up.

Bought this as a guitar on a whim. I think I was expecting a bit much from this thing. Made in China, agathis body with an aaa quilted maple veneer. 24 fret, rosewood fingerboard with cloud inlays. B.C. Rich tunners, 2 B.C. Rich humbucker pickups, tuneomatic bridge and thru body strings.

lamotley
    Don't ever buy a B.C. Rich unless it's expensive or from the 70's, 80's or up to 95'
    w77yyz
    The original shape of this thing is based on the 10 string version they put out in the 70s, with 4 machine heads in the body cut-away for EADG strung from the headstock back. Joe Perry had the first one I ever saw. As a 6 string, it loses some of the design rationale and doesn't look as good.
    fifopher
    Thrash_fire666 wrote: fleh wrote: may luk ugly but that 'missing' chunk will fit your right leg perfectly so ur guitar never slips when you play sat donwn wat kinda guitarist plays sitting down. how you play wen you practise should reflect on how you play on stage. i dont kno bout u but i dont play sitting down on stage.
    On stage, I play with my face buried in a small heap of cocaine. I suppose I should do this every time I practice?? That shit gets expensive!
    andrew_richmo
    Hey, does anyone here play blues through one of these? I like edgier blues, everywhere between Slash (when he's at his bluesiest) and Sabbath. I think I'll be looking at a used one in a few days and I'll try it out, but what should a bluesy guitarist expect going in? Thanks!