Masterpiece Mockingbird review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Masterpiece Mockingbird

I use this guitar with a Crate 50 watt amp and a DigiTech Grunge distortion. It makes this guitar sound extremely metal and insane. The sound is always bright, it never gets all scratchy. The knobs give the sound of the guitar a little bit of variety, but not much difference.

My style of music is hard rock, so the color (transparent black)and shape of this guitar make me seem like a true metal master. I have been playing for about two years now without 1 guitar lesson, and I am actually very good at guitar. I also own a Hamer flametop Explorer, a Guild acoustic, a Squier Strat, a Fender Strat, a Drive wildfire bass guitar, an Ibanez bass guitar, and a Behringer half stack. If my mockingbird were to be stolen I couldnt buy another guitar because I'm broke, but if I could I would buy the same guitar only in a different color if I can find it. This guitar was pretty hard to find (besides on ebay). I had a hard decision choosing this guitar over the B.C. Rich Bich Masterpice. I love both of the shapes, but the Bich just didn't seem to have the same amount of metal in it that the mockingbird did.

The Mockingbird is very dependable, it definately can withstand live playing. The straps buttons are large to hold your strap in nice and tight. I think that I will last a very long time for a daily guitar player like me. I recommend it to anyone Who is into metal and hard rock. All of the hardware on this guitar will last a while. I have accidentaly hit it against other things many times and I haven't seen a dent on this guitar so far.

This guitar was set up very well at the factory. There are no flaws that I have noticed so far. The pickups are adjusted very well, they look very nice also. All of my friends Who have seen this guitar have said it is the nicest one that they have ever seen.

The Mockingbird Masterpiece is one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen. I'm almost positive it was created in 2006. It has 24 thin frets, rectangle pearl inlays, a darker rosewood fretboard with a maple neck, and it has a bolt on construction. The body is arched, a beautiful transparent finish (in sunfire, black, or red), string-thru, it has 3 knobs and a pickup switch, and it also looks as if it is a quilted top. The pickups are wonderful B.C. Rich covered humbuckers. The tuners are traditionally placed, 3 per side of the headstock. B.C. Rich also made the tuners. When I bought this guitar it didn't come with any case or ant accessories, but the strings were wonderful and I haven't had to change them yet.

grimshredder
    that is a nice friggen guitar....Anyone who says that B.C. Rich is a sucky brand, you can bite me!
    !BEN!
    aah amazing im thinking about getting this.. it looks so nice.. just.. wow
    dzapp99
    this isd an amazing guitar...great sound and its own unique look.. i definately would recomend this guitar to players of all skill levels
    spawn0909
    I've recently purchased this guitar, worth every penny, the stock humbuckers they come with are surprisingly fantastic, if this guitar even costed 100$ more than what I paid, i'd of still gotten it, total package for what it delievers!