Masterpiece Mockingbird review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Masterpiece Mockingbird

This guitar performs very well on a medium to high-gain setting, making it perfect for hard rock and metal. However, the sound on a clean setting is very nice as well, especially with a lot of bass. I run it through a Vox AD15VT Combo, and can't be happier. There is not much noise unless you pump a ridiculous amount of gain through it, and even then, it isn't too troublesome. It sounds bright and rich through cleans, and has great presence with distortion.

I play hard rock, and this guitar fits the bill nicely. It pumps out singing cleans and screaming distortion at a whim, and leaves nothing to be desired. If it were lost, stolen, or broken, I would definitely buy it again. I love the finish, and the action, but, mostly, the sound is what got me. I compared it to other guitars, like Epi LP's, SG's, a few Ibanez's, and this one cleaned them all out. It's perfect for me, and it should be for anyone else, too.

This guitar is built lke a rock. I have played it Live several times and can't put a single scratch on it, even after accidently knocking the mic stand over. The hardware is strong and has taken quite the beating like a champ. The strap buttons are solid, and actually maybe a little too big. I have to wrestle my srap off of the thing, so straplocks seem like they would be a waste of time. The finish is good, and wont get worn away by excessive playing.

The guitar was set up well at the factory, and sounded beautiful at the time. I lowered the bridge and set it as far back as it would go, and it went from beautiful to beastly in a matter of seconds. The pickups were adjusted perfectly and gave me no problems. The finish isn't painted on, but rather soaked into the wood itself and lacquered, making it impossible to remove, scratch, or chip. I've banged mine against walls ceilings and even people with no damage to the guitar whatsoever. Mine was the floor madel, so there were little scratches from someones belt-buckle, but nothing I couldn't Live with.

This guitar was crafted in Korea, although I don't know when. It is 24 frets on a maple neck, with a rosewood fretboard and rectangle inlays up to the 19th fret. The body is made of solid agathis. The finish is a trans black on a quilted maple top with whit binding. The body is a Mockingbird shape, but be forewarned, there is no tummy-cut on the back, making playing while sitting down uncomfortable. The pickups are BC Rich covered pickups, wired passive. There is a volume control for each pickup, a master tone, and a three way toggle switch. The tuners are Standard B.C. Rich tuners, and it came with no accesories.

tormentedsoul
    i got this guitar. except in a DIFFERENT COLOUR, i think it's been made recently, because the BC Rich Mockingbird Masterpiece is only available in Dragonblood on ther website.. so they havnt updated it recently.. i have this kick ass guitar in a gun metal colour.. sooo good, sounds great XD..