Metal Master Kerry King V review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Metal Master Kerry King V

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

I play mostly metal with bluesy stuff thrown in there from time to time. I was playing through a headphone amp at the time I purchased this guitar and later a cheap marshal stack. the pickups are pretty noisy, especially when you have the afterburner turned all the way up. not a bad axe for metal but the pickups are not the greatest. but like I said before this is a cheap (price wise) axe that is perfect for beginners so you shouldn't expect the greatest pups.

Like I said earlier this is hands down a great metal guitar for beginners. This was the first guitar that I purchased on my own and I was not let down. It plays pretty well and the looks will get you a lot of attention. metal for sure. I think I was comparing this with a few Ibanez guitars around the same price when I got it. It was a nice purchase and I learned a lot on it. memories lol... my favorite thing about it was the neck. it is one of the thinnest I have played. Easily comparable to the Wizard necks Ibanez offers. If your just starting out or even have been playing for a bit and looking for an upgrade that wont crush your account then I highly recommend this guitar. It looks great and plays pretty nice. for the money you can't go wrong.

I played this for quite some time then gave it away to a family member. Everything seemed to hold up and the last time that I was hope I played it and everything worked just like when I got it. I'm not sure you would want to gig with it without a backup but imo you should always have one. the finish lasted. it's like a tank

from the factory the set up was horrible but they usually are from musiciansfriend in my experience with dealing with them. after getting a setup it wasn't to bad. the action can be adjusted to medium at best I would say. I had it as low as I could get it without a whole lot of buzz and it was playable but I normally prefer a lot lower. pups were adjusted fine and the top was fine. kinda cheap paint job but for 300 bucks again what do you expect. one of the other reviews said that the finish was really tough and that is the truth. it's really hard to scratch or dent. no flaws other than the ones I have mentioned.

It has a 24 fret unfinished, bolt on, maple neck, with Dot inlays. The neck is extremely thin which I loved. The finish is black with a white Kerry King tribal/flame graphic over the top. The body is basswood which makes the guitar light. The pickups are B. C. Rich BDSM dual humbuckers which are not the greatest but I have heard worse as well. all in all great guitar for beginner metal heads.

rudra1234 wrote: To sound like Kerry King use EMG 81 , EMG 85 pickups
    His tone is terrible, why would anyone want to sound like him?
    ShredHead396
    guitarfreak222
    guitarfreak222 wrote: ShredHead396 wrote: Ibanez are more bluesy oriented guitars Seriously, all these so called guitar players on here that are bagging out BC Richs, i know a guy that works in a guitar shop, and his name is steve. Steve has been associated with bc for many years and he has assured me that my bc rich platinum pro warlock is not a cheap guitar and since its made out of agathis with a maple neck it has plenty of resonation with a great sound, and he backs BC rich 100% so i think a proffesional like steve would know a hell of a lot more than some idiots on here. BC Rich are quality instruments and they rock If that was directed to me, I would like to point out that I bagged out B.C Rich. I said that Kerry King's tone is really bad.
    Oops, I meant that I didn't..lol
    EpiExplorer
    jordy-77 wrote: they sound like crap, most B.C Rich's do, they are some of the worst sounding guitars I have ever heard. I'm sorry but Kerry King is good at a guitar but his tone is horrible
    And you would say Death had a rubbish tone too? Chucks sig sounds amazing
    Darth_Pietrus
    Woot, I have this guitar! Its not perfect but definetely bad ass. My only complaint, is, like with all V's, u cant sit, but I dont mind, thanks to that Ive always had to play standing and now Im just about as good standing as sitting.
    EdguyRule_22
    I have this guitar and it sucks really bad. No sustain, pickups are meh, will not stay in tune, generally plays crap. Call me a noob, say it's me, not the guitar, but I will tell everyone not to buy this piece of shite.