Metal Master Kerry King V review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Metal Master Kerry King V

Purchased from: Music Villa

I'm playing this guitar with a simple Kustom Dart 10 amp, and even with that it gives an amazingly heavy and wicked tone. I play alot of metal and punk rock like Tool, Nirvana, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and of coarse, Slayer, and it suits all of those almost perfectly. It suits about all metal and most rock.

This guitar matches my music perfectly. It was probably the best guitar in the store for the price I got it for at the time. I've had it for only 4 months now but I haven't regretted buying it yet and I don't think I ever will. It's got a deathly look, a wicked tone, and I recommend it for any beginnning metal artist.

It is a very durable guitar. It's taken some abuse and there's still not a scratch on it. The hardware seems like it will last till year 3000. I haven't played it live yet but I'm more than sure it would be just fine. The strap buttons seem very solid. I would definitely be confident using it without a backup. The finish seems like it will last a long long time.

I don't have much to say on this. The action is low which I think is good. I love the finish and I don't find any flaws in the guitar. I think it was put together perfectly in the factory. The tuning pegs are good and tight, the pickups were almost perfectly adjusted, the finish is great, and the controls are great too.

This is my first and only electric guitar. The reason I bought and like this guitar is you get the Kerry King tone without tearing your budget in half. It's a 24 fret with Dot inlays which I like because you can get all the high licks you could ever want. It's got a thin neck you can move up and down it very easily. The body is basswood which makes the guitar very light. The finish is black with white Kerry King tribal flame. However, the finish is very hard, so it's pretty strong. I would know because I'm only 13 years old and you can probably imagine that it's taken a little abuse. It's got simple controls for beginner head bangers: volume, 3-way selector, and treble control. I don't know the model of the pickups, but they're B.C. Rich dual-hum buckers, so you know they're legit. It's got non-locking tuners, which I think are good for beginners (locking is a pain in the butt). There are no included accessories. The only problem I have with it is that it has a wraparound bridge, which is a pain in the butt to change strings.

RetroGunslinger
    sigh more uneducated biased morons who think just because low end bc richs are shit they all are. Low end ibanezes and epiphones are also shit, its because they are cheap and made for beginners. Some of the new bc rich models are incredibly well equipped for the price
    Single Foo
    Only issues i see is that it's without a trem and EMGs but other than that it seems like a pretty solid ax
    Sparky-MMA
    had one, sold it after 3 months the thing was awful, and i was a guitar noob at the time
    unnamedplayer
    all bc rich haters just flame bc rich because they are jealous. Cheap bc rich re of cheap quality indeed, and for example ibanez has better cheap models, BUT MORE EXPENSIVE bc rich with good wood etc. are excellent guitars. It is mainly because the shapes are expensive to make out of the wood, a lot of wood is wasted (relatively).
    Good_Lord
    shredding dude
    RUSTDOGG666
    I tried out this guitar at a guitar store. I couldn't get it to distort right and I was using marshall amps and mesa. the good kind. however I did try the kerry king warlock and that one did sound better. I would recommend the warlock over the V.
    TST2469
    Bought 1 with a different tribal pattern $600 i think i gots ripped off!!! LoL
    BlackDeath92
    Good_Lord wrote: Woot, I have this guitar! Its not perfect but definetely bad ass. My only complaint, is, like with all V's, u cant sit, but I dont mind, thanks to that Ive always had to play standing and now Im just about as good standing as sitting. Alright ... troll maybe ? of course you can sit with a V !!! IT'S CALLED CLASSICAL POSITION !!! But .. yes ... Out of personnal experience , BC Rich's low end series suck. Jackson > BC Rich
    Saying Jackson > BC Rich doesn't realy say much. Everything is better than BC Rich and nothing is better than a Jackson! IMO
    NiallXoldham
    shredding dude wrote: I wonder why Kerry didn't go with another company like Jackson/ESP/Schecter/Ibanez or something. the finish is awesome, but tune o matic bridges aren't exactly a ''metal'' kinda bridge. any guitarist in his/her right mind would just get a guitar from a more reliable company.
    Uh Kerry uses Kahler not tune-o-matic. However my Dean VMNT uses a tune-o-matic and being honest its truely killer
    danvwman
    Only Cheap BC Riches suck. I have 4,all were good except a bich special edition (got it for $25)the neck pocket was routed out so bad the bridge was almost 1-2 away from the pickups! fixed that with a belt sander now it plays like a $700 guitar! Any way I have the newer version KKV MM2 with the gold graphics. The thing rips!The tone is superb for dropped tuning with heavy gauge strings. I am very happy with it. It is an odd one too, it has a recessed jack in the upper Vee like a custom shop BCR, all the KKV MM I see have the cheap ass square jack on the lower vee. That wrap around bridge does suck to change one string ...much easier to take the thing off and replace all at the same time.....but I think this bridge is better for tone. My cheap Bich has the same wrap around and it has better tone than my USA Bich with a Khaler and EMGs
    danvwman
    what I meant to say about the bich bridge was: The angle of the neck was sooooo bad the bridge was adjusted all the way up so the strings would'nt buzz but then the strings were 1-2' away from the pickups....sucky. But that can happen on any guitar, I have seen brand new Gibsons that suck ass and they are $2500 or more! You really have to know what your lookin at before you buy anything and ordering online is a real crapshoot! I have only bought guitars I can play and touch before I buy it.
    Razor_AcidPunk
    i bought this guitar a month ago sounded like shit i scraped everything but the body added emgs a trem and a better neck with tuning peggs that stay in tune it sounds ****ing amazing now im glad i evested in a lowend guitar and high end parts lol
    Sparda93
    I`m gonna get a Dean V 79 Brazillaburst, long before i get this, Kerry King looks so awkward with his terrible tribal tattoos..
    ciadude2
    Some of the higher end BC Rich guitars sound decent but definitely nothing to brag about.