Mockingbird Evil Edge SE review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

The sound on it goes for metal, punk, hard rock, classic rock, blues or jazz. I play almost every tpe of music that I can think of playing. The sound is good and the settings on it are just right. Overall this is a pretty good guitar for practically any type of sound.

This guitar most definately can match my style and anybody elses style or music. I have been playing for about a year and a half. I own a limited red and white BC Rich Metalmasters Pack Warlock and a Ibanez 5 string bass with a Fender amp and a Fender Mastertone Mini Amp. Honestly the only other guitar I would prefer over this is the Dean Dimebag Razorback Tribute. If it were stolen I'd track down the person who stole it and make kill them. If it were lost I would most definately buy a new one. I honestly love the sound and confort of the guitar and can care less what all the people who stereotype BCRich say about it. My favorite feature must be the Pickguard. I would compare it to a brand spankin new Gibson Les Paul or a Dean Razorback because I have tried both and they are all awsome. I got this guitr in March thinking it was gonna be like an NJ Warlock but its a whole lot better. I just with it had another version with 7 strings so I wouldnt go crazy for an Ibanez K7 XD. Overall it's the best and favorite guitar I have.

This guitar was basically built for live playing. The hardware will certainly last a while. I can depend on it but I dont think it will withstand a whole concert withouth using another guitar for maybe 2 or 3 songs. The finish is good and will last for a pretty long time.

The actions are very good not to low not to high just right for me. The pickups are pretty good but I would say that EMGs would be better even though the sound is still very good. There are no flaws that I can find with it except that for some people the body may seem a bit odd to sit with.

- Made in 2005 in China - 24 frets - Solid body - Maple neck - Rosewood fingerboard - Diamond inlays - 2 volume and 1 tone - 2 BC Rich BDSM humbuckers - BC Rich tuners