Mockingbird Evil Edge SE review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

The sound of this guitar can go with any style. I play mostly heavy metal and it was great sounding for heavy metal. The factory pickups are good for the price of the guitar. One of the best sounding factory pickups for guitars under $500. The main reason why this guitar sounds good is because it is heavy.

If I had a chance to buy this guitar again, I would. Very great sounding than my higher priced guitars. The only issues is the weigh and the balance. But besides those flaws the guitar is great. I gave it a five, because I'm not including the problem with the guitar output. Because every guitar maker put out a dud once in a while. So for a dud, it was good.

I think this guitar can withstand live playing. The question is can you withstand the guitar for playing live. The guitar is heavy. After playing for long periods it takes it toll. You shoulder start to hurt when playing the guitar with a guitar strap. It it hard to play fast on the guitar if you standing up and playing. The reason for that is the guitar is unbalanced. The fret board always took a nose dive when I took my hand from underneath the fret board. If playing live this guitar would be good for 2 or 3 songs. Not an entire set. This guitar body can take a beating. The only way to break the body is to cut it with a saw.

The guitar has a great finish, paint job and shape wise. With the shape of the guitar, you would at least think there would flaws when cutting out the guitar from the block of wood. The chrome or chrome plated pickguard is great. When turning the volume knobs, I would hear static noise from the knobs being dirty. Another flaw was the guitar output keeping pushing out the guitar cable. So the sound would cut on and off. Then the metal block holding the guitar output fell out because the screws threaded the wood. The setup for the guitar was perfect. What I can say is that the guitar didn't buzz even when I strummed really hard and fast.

[B]C [R]ich
    this guitar really does kick ass! but i hate how its un-balanced...so is there any way you could fix this or make it more ballanced
    avensus
    Aye, my Mockingbird Evil-Edge is my prime guitar. True about it bing really, heavy, but I quite like that about it. I find it feels better. 5 songs and i have to put it down, though :/
    LeoKhenir
    what the? ...the metal jack plate fell out of this guy's guitar too? that's 3 I've heard of now! (My own mockingbird, my pal's kerry king sig V and this mockingbird... and the tech support "..na, never heard about that happening" - this is no coincidence anymore!
    Kid Fisto
    i'm gettin' this one 4 x-mas...can't f-ing wait. i've played it once (at the store) and i had it playing stuff i'd never even heard come out of my amp before.
    Kid Fisto
    about the weighting: you could attatch a counterweight to the strap clip or something, i know a guy who did that to his Beast because of the same thing.