Mockingbird Evil Edge SE review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play mostly metal and grunge, and it hasn't let me down once. It has a wide range of handling, from Metallica and BLS, to the chili peppers, zeppelin, nirvana, and even santana. I play using max distortion, or none. It doesnt't matter, this thing has a nice sound to it. Pinch harmonics were no problem anywhere on the neck, and speed comes naturally.

This guitar is perfect for me. the sound, the look, and the overall attitude is amazing. I've been playing for over 3 years and between this, my acoustic, and my Ibanez RG, this is my baby. if I ever lost it, I would fight like hell to find another one since they are discontinued. Not a bad thing to be said about it, just a mean metal machine. The only thing that could make it better, an ebony fret board. that would be something.

One thing that has happened, the neck pickup has shorted out on me a few times, but it was just a crappy soldering job from the factory. other wise it's as solid as a rock. the finish still looks Brand New. This guitar can handle live, but other people have complained it's too heavy, I disagree. although because of the shape of the body, if you strap isnt good, it will take a nose dive towards the floor. Make sure you have a some what sticky strap if you buy one.

The action was good, pickups were great(despite the brand, which has gotten a bad rep for being a stock) and there wasn't a single scratch anywhere. I couldnt have been happier with it. No loose frets or fret buzz of any kind. and the neck was in very good shape, and still is.

Ok, I bought my mockingbird nearly 2 years ago on clearance. it showed up in a cardboard box, no case, but everything was perfect. It had a nicely painted black body, with the eye catching bridge/pickguard/tail piece in chrome. all the hard ware is also chromed. it had a three way selector, two BC Rich humbuckers, two volume and one tone knobs. Rosewood fretboard with jumbo frets. Mahogany neck and head, with an agathis body. the body shape and pickguard alone were enough for me.

retka
    I have owned this guitar for over a year. Iv been able to play everything from jazz to metal because it has such a good tone range. Almost indestructable black finish and great setup means youll be playing for a lon time and wont need that many repairs. .....Tried many different Gibsons and I have to say this BC Rich guitar blew them to pieces. Dont waste your money on an overated Gibson...get this piece of art if you can find it!