Mockingbird Evil Edge SE review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Price paid: C$ 300

Purchased from: ( someone )

This guitar suits my style, metal all the way, From folk to melo-death. I use a Peavey Bandit 112 100w amp and a Boss ME-20 multi effect pedal board.The sound of it is quite nice for a guitar you would pay 600 bucks new at a music store. A tad noisy, but a little noise suppression did the trick on it before I switched the original bc rich pickups for EMG's 81 / 85. Has a kinda nice clean tone to it but this guitar really glows much more with distortion. It isn't much of a polyvalent guitar, but hard rock and metal suit it like a glove.

Overall, this is an awesome guitar for players who want to get great tones and roars out of a guitar for a nice price. I've been playing for 2 years now and before that one I had an Oscar Schmidt with no name guitar and the difference is huge, worth buying. This guitar has enormous value to me as it is my first ''real'' guitar and I think that if someone stole it he'd be dead before he reaches my doorstep. I absolutely love it's shape and the Killer pickguard, the only major con is it's neckdive wich is really tiresome when playing standind. One thing I wich it had was EMG's 81/85 stock on it, it's such a pain in the ass to place the electronics and battery in it.

Everything on it is rock solid, it's an heavy guitar, but the strap buttons do majestic work at supporting the weight of it, even when dropped full weight. The shiny black finish is kinda easy to scracth but hard to chip off at least, mine doesn't have chip on it. I definitly wouldn't be ashamed of taking that guitar on a stage, it's reliable and awesome looking.

The guitar was tuned in E Standard when I bought it, played it that way for a while before buying thicker strings and tuning it drop C. Everything plays nice and smooth, except the access to the 21th to 24th fret where your hand lands on a fat square part due to the bolt- on neck. The shiny black finish is kinda easy to scracth but hard to chip off at least, mine doesn't have chip on it. The tuners do their jobs at keeping your sound tuned, slight adjustements there and there when bending and twisting your strings, but nothing major. Only big problem is the fact that this beast neckdives a lot, even a good strap doesnt't counterbalance it...

I don't know exactly in wich year it was made, but I believe it was made in 2006 - 2007. Bought it second handed, the guitar was in great shape, it still is after 1 year. Mine has a 24 jumbo frets 25.5 '' maple bolt on neck and the sweet looking rosewood fretboard. It comes equiped with two Bc Rich Humbucker pickups, 1 tone and 2 volumes knobs.

evan-simpson22
    Yeah schecter seems like a better version of b.c. rich, unless you get a really top of the line bc rich, then your good to go like Kerry King
    Good_Lord
    yeah ... I like my Bc Rich , but my Jackson Demmelition King V owns it by far .