Mockingbird Special review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Mockingbird Special

Purchased from: buymusic.ru

I play alternative, metalcore, punk. Sometimes melodic death. And this guitar suits perfect my music styles. I use Ibanez amp and Dunlop Doubleshot Distortion and DigiTech Death Metall. With this hardware this guitar is roaring like a lion. Like a real animals king. This guitar has a rich bright sound. With this guitar you can play any kind of music. And get any style of sound. Of course it's better to play with distortion. However it has very beautiful, warm clean sound.

I've been playing for 6 years. I owned and played a lot of guitars. But This guitar is awesome. Once I wanted to buy LTD. But now I'm happy that I've decided to buy this one. It's much better. And it's much more universal. And her outlook. If it was stolen, I would find that guy. Kicked his ass. And deffinately would buy another one in the same color.

Mine is black. And it's perfect in action. I've fell in love with this guitar only after 1 view. The strap buttons well pointed. And there are no disbalance (like in Epi SG). This is the only guitar I want to play. And the only one that I want to be in my hands.

From the factory guitar was setted perfectly. Any scratches or other problems. It is well done. And you can do anything on a stage and not worry that it will fell or smth like that. The pickups well adjusted. There are no sounds that don't want to hear. Only the voice of the guitar. It was without any flaws. You can feel a quality of this guitar.

These neck through guitars are scaled to 24 3/4" with a chunkier neck for that Special feel. With a deeply arched top, solid 1/2" maple caps, 5 ply binding and cloud inlays the Special has a classic appearance. Other features include a strategically positioned three way toggle switch, two volume and two tone controls, stop tailpiece and a Tune-O-Matic style bridge. and vintage specified Rockfield humbucker pickups. The Onyx features chrome pickup covers, complete white binding and chrome hardware. Also available in White with black binding and hardware.

walaoeh
    imo, the mockingbird body is one of the coolest guitar bodies that i've ever seen.
    Johnthewrench
    DREAM EVIL 1138
    Johnthewrench wrote: The review looks like it was cut & paste from harmony-central.com. Kerry King used a Mockingbird "shorthorn" (slight variation in body shape) to record the first three Slayer albums. I own one of the Mockingbird "Special-X" models, and it is actually quite nice. Correction, it is not a set-neck as stated in the review, it is neck-through. The neck profile is dissimilar to many of the other BC Rich guitars I own, as it is a thicker more "'60s Les Paul" type. They also adopt the Les Paul control layout. The cloud inlays are a classic BC Rich staple from back in the day. I personally like them, but your mileage may vary. Feel free to start flaming me and calling me names. Preferrably with lots of misinformation, misspelling, and improper use of puntuation!
    finally, another man that actually has pone of the guitars posts! yes they are quite nice, i love my special x.
    123-Trav
    "With this hardware this guitar is roaring like a lion. Like a real animals king." Lulz.
    hobozach
    Viking_Swede666 wrote: b.c. rich's are okay, but if you're a serious musician, get an Ibanez, ESP, or a Jackson, you'll be much happier.
    I agree with an addition of Dean, I personally own a dean, which i love to death, But I would like a Jackson or and Ibanez..ESP i really havent tried before..maybe once, but still, I say go with Dean Ibanez or Jackson for metal or hardrock
    Dimebag Dean
    the wartribe, cost 1000, has a kaler tremelo and emg 81/85 so thats not quality obvilously people dont know what there talking about
    mormonboy
    you guys, this is all i have to say dont waste ur money on some piece of crap that will last you about a couple of weeks and YOU WILL NOT GET LAID!!!!!
    mr barnicals
    the body is not disgusting, you just have to be a lil more open minded. well, yeah it probably is just a matter of opinion. lol CLOUDS? the people who thought of that inlay must've been hi or something. B.C rich guitars look great, but from what i know, they sound like shit. unless ofcourse u buy a sig model
    ...denied
    I don't like the body but the guitar is a BC rich(great!)... I wish I had one like that
    bladedsilence
    I like the body. But from what I know (and have played) I'm not a real big fan of B.C. Rich. I'm not real big into playing true, authentic, metal, or hard rock. So, the body for this just looks stunning to me. And I'm sure (for all you rockers out there) this is right for you.
    Wozzname
    I like how some B.C. Richs look, but thats about it, the ones I've played just don't cut the mustard sound-wise compared to my current guitar.
    Pyro_TheVampire
    The only good BC Rich is a custom built one. That is the truth, and only the truth! For those too blind or deaf to see this, please STFU!
    normaljeans
    metal Lover
    The ironbird is the best BC body that I've seen. By the way, you ignorant teenagers, BC Richs built in the 80's are possibly the greatest guitars ever for metal. You could find a 500 dollar 80's mockingbird, warlock, ironbird, bich, or what ever, and it would better than any Ibanez or ESP twice the price. Play before you talk about a guitar.
    Shredder Guitar
    _ZarockeR_ wrote: i think it looks like a peice of s*** version of the jackson kelly or the gibson explorer
    what in the HELL are you talking about?!
    f-e-z
    i hate B.C. Rich guitars... I agree with this guy. I don't like them because it's not really my style, and the stock models fall apart after a couple of years. Had a mate who took one to a gig once, and halfway through his set, the pickups started smoking. Yes, they had shorted out. Whereas I have had a Les Paul for about 15 years now, and still sounds and plays like it did when it was new. As for Ibanez, sound good (if it's your style), play very well, but again, the fiddly trem just falls apart. Stick with Gibson, or Fender.
    Ginger-les-tom
    dude this guitar is wrong, i love the mockingbird, and i bet it plays like a dream, but come a guitar that gets 10 out of 10 is just too good, the player no longer needs to prove himself cos hes got a guitar to fill it in , no space to aspire to improve as far as im concerned, but still pretty sick guitar ,but il stick to my faults
    Dimebag Dean
    I had a jackson soloist and sold it for a b.c rich beast. Their tone and sound are easily one of the best of the buisness. the only downfall i can find is that they can be uncomfortable.i own a nj beast warbeast, and the two kk signatures. b.c rich makes the best damn guitars ever
    Tedward
    ive played the white QM version of this and it exceeded my expectations by quite alot, however, i think that for the type of music such as hard rock its meant for, you could get a bit better. However, this guitar LOOKS absolutely amazing. best BC RICH design. the neck is actually really nice imo, one of the few set necks ive played and liked, and the cloud inlays are suiting when your playing, and i oculd see them looking real nice when the guitar is standing up. also the pickups are pretty good, at least better than my ibanez in terms of thickness.
    the1mrbass
    HC-Deathroll wrote: Looks o.k., cloud inlay's look stupid. To all the people frantically defending B.C. Rich guitars and using the excuse that the artists who use them are all so good, YOU are idiots. All those artists use custom made ones with the highest quality part's etc. The B.C. Rich's the rest of us are able to purchase are piece's of crap. They use cheap component's with originally styled body shapes. They're all look and no play. I owned few B.C. Rich guitars, and i returned or sold every last one of them. My friend bought a "High end" (the most expensive Beast) B.C. Rich and he regrets spending so much on a piece of crap as well. He bought a Jackson soloist and has never touched the beast since. You can't use Professional artists who get custom guitars from a guitar company, as a point to defend poor quality guitars.
    .....if this "idiot" can't afford a custom shop(which is EXACTLY what those artists play), then i guess he's just talking out of his ass! i own 3 custom shop guitars, and 5 custom shop basses,(all hesperia california guitars), and short of a custom shop jackson....there are no finer quality guitars available! again.....there's a reason kerry king went back to bc rich! those in the know know!
    metal warrior
    While I agree his grammar isn't the best at times and 10 out of 10 everywhere is a little strange I do think that there are plus and minus sides for most guitar manufacturers. BC Rich are one of my favoured brands. One person above noted that the best BC Richs are signature models or custom workshop models. This is true but this is the case with most guitar companies. The argument that BC Rich use poor materials is also not watertight as many cheaper guitar models from most companies are made in the same factories in the far east from similar if not the same materials. Whether one likes cloud inlays is purely personal choice. One must take into consideration that when this guitar was first conceived it was the mid to late sevties when Fender and Gibson and other such classic guitars were the popular choice. Clouds have a much more classic appearance compared to diamonds or Jackson's sharkfins. Also saying real guitarists play this or that guitar is rubbish as most are under (ESP mostly) contractual endorsementsand that signature models can vary quite significantly from the artists actual guitar. Incidently I use my brothers 15 year old 10 series warlock and all parts are in perfect working order, and if that doesn't seal it his 12 year old 100 series mockingbird is agreat piece of kit which has lasted fantastically and all parts (pickups, floyd and electrics) are all still in immaculate condition.
    metal warrior
    the.spine.surfs wrote: 10/10? It's not a '57 Strat...learn to write a review.
    Oh yeah, you are aware these original fenders were made to save money and cut corners. Example early telecasters used screws as saddles and srats have a one piece neck and fingerboard (skunk stripe excluded) because it was more cost effective. Everyone believes hype. How about playing these models and forming your own opinions? I'm not trying to insult peoples opinions but that's my take on things. I prefer a sixties strat myself, cooler headstock!!!!
    DREAM EVIL 1138
    i hate the people making fun of b.c. rich and saying stuff about "real musicians" not using them. i'm not sure where this hatred is coming from but b.C. rich is without a doubt a great guitar company. i have a mockingbird special x and couldn't be happier, it's a great guitar. and chuck shuldiner used a b.c. rich, you peopll gonna to call chuck a wannabe?
    the1mrbass
    wolfwood_9 wrote: b.c rich's are for wanna be musicians who want to try and play hardcore stuff! any real musician will buy and ibanez,esp, or jackson. much heavier sound for hard rock and better tone AND craftsmanship.
    the1mrbass
    look at the shit spewing out of wolfwood_9's pie hole! "wannabe musicians"! sounds like someone has a case of penis envy! so i guess kerry king,jerry only,mick thompson,and the list goes on are all hardcore wannabes! this dumbshit must not be too familiar with hardcore music. or maybe slayer, the misfits,deicide just aren't hardcore! say what you want about these "post bernie rico" guitars, but bc rich guitars scream METAL! you can't even compare an "ibeenhad" or an esp to bc rich. as far as mr dick head's statement.....kerry king is STILL on top of his game, and there's a reason he dumped esp, and went back to bc rich! the music speaks for itself!
    the1mrbass
    normaljeans wrote: I can't believe you just said B.C. Rich's are better than Ibanez and ESP. Tis a lie... And by the way, Kerry King doesn't play the B.C. Rich's that are available to you and I. He has them custom built using the best components available. Therefore, just because he's playing one, doesn't mean your playing one just as nice, even if it's his signature model.
    ...i didn't know mr "normal jeans" was a bc rich expert! it's funny that with all of the 8 people that worked at bc rich's custom shop(9 including bernie sr.)from 1994 -2001(which is strangely enough when kerry king came back),there was no "normal jeans" that worked there! in fact.....5 uot of the 8 now work for fender making custom shop jacksons. as i stated before....those in the know ...know! kerry king's guitars were made using the same jigs, materials, and oddly enough, by the SAME 8 people who made ALL USA BC RICH guitars for those 7 years. i guess being there for those 7 years doesn't add up to what this guy "normal jeans" seems to know, but anyone else who came in with 1500 to 3 grand could get the EXACT same quality guitar that mr king got.....by the same people, in the same little building! so.....this bullshit about not getting the same quality guitar as the big times do.....well, that's all it is! an uninformed OPINION (not fact)based on whatever he read in last months guitar world! by the way.....if you're gonna compare a bc rich to an ibanez, or esp, wouldn't it only be fair to compare to a USA bc ? oh wait.....that's right....ibanez doesn't make guitars in the USA! maybe next christmas, you can pick one up at wal mart! as for me.....i'll support my country, where we take great pride in "made in USA"!
    guitarist41
    Only ''metal'' looking guitar I like, maybe coz I love Slash. BC Riches have a bit of a rep. for poor quality but I heard they improved them. White one is sexy.
    slowmoov
    This is a pretty suck-up review. I have a Mock Special X, and although I really like it alot, it's not an all 10 guitar. One notible thing that comes to mind is on this guitar if you do any intense tremolo on the highest frets, the body shape becomes restrictive. It's not like that on my Mock ST. If forced to throw out an arbitrary overall rating, I'd say more like high 8sh or so. With high points being Sound (the pickup are nice), Action, Fit & Finish (It was setup amazingly well), & Impression. Medium points would be Reliability & Durability (That shape will get busted up on the road and unlike a Strat or LP, it won't look roadworn, just trashed. Plus if you bust a NTB neck you are seriously SOL.) Features? I got it because I wanted a hardtail when I'm feeling heavy-handed as an ideal backup. eBay's currently dumping some of these at around ~$400. Lot of guitar for that price. And at that price I would rate it a "10+."
    thedekker
    got my white mock special today, gotta say, finish and action and sound and quality is unbelievable. it was $669 US, and about 715 canadian. i bought it as a contrast to my mockingbird evil edge SE i bought last year. damn they look good side by side. the arched body is unbelievable, the cloud inlays look nice, and with black hardware and the black trim on a white body, it makes for a damn sexy guit. I was going to put some different pickups in it right off the bat, but these rockfields are great. Buy this guitar. i repeat, buy this guitar. As for breadsticks comment: wow what a great review...10/10 for everything.... This guitar must have been made by god or something... /sarcasm This thing looks like its made from god.
    M@13
    all you people are proper cocks i couldnt be happier with my mock special and this is why 1.its personnal taste if you think its nice then you should get it and 2. bc rich are owned by gibson and most of the stuff on the special are what comes standard on most les pauls and 3.go get some balls and go try one most esp's, jacksons and ibanez are made in the same factory by indonisean skinny kids. just get a life
    thedekker
    Rock!
    thedekker wrote: and to those talkin about jacksons esps and gibsons and les pauls bein better, go comment on those respective pages. this page is for the mockingbird special. all comments should be about the mockingbird special only. esps gibsons and jacksons may be better, but dammit stop saying its a piece of sh*t guitar if you havnt even played it, just cause you dont like the shape. find something better to do, such as posting FIRST on every webpage you see, and stop bothering people.
    Thank You!! You saved me from alot of typing!
    fEr_0h
    I just g0t a MOCKINGBIRD SPECIAL yesterday its awesome I'll submit my review latter
    barge1
    i find my warlock to play better than my dean razorback. i trust bc 100 percent. only quality sof ar. got this on layaway at guiatr center
    ibanezdude95
    Im looking to buy a new guitar and im stuck between this and the dean ml79, what should i buy?
    Korzack
    That looks well nice, & it's about time they used the Special for something special on top of the original, rather than it been a funky word for 'cheapest thing we have... Mind there's no splinters'