Mockingbird Special X review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Mockingbird Special X

Purchased from: the official BC Rich website

I play metalcore and metal like The Devil Wears Prada, Bullet For My Valentine, Asking Alexandria and Avenged Sevenfold and this guitar sounds beautiful and it suits it very well. I use a Marshall MG30DFX which is a ok amp and it sounds really good. It has no unwanted sound at all but there is some fret buzz on the second string it has a very warm and pleasant sound. It has a huge variety and can play anything from jazz to metal or to blues to rock and the guitar sounds amazing with clean or distortion.

As I have said this guitar is a perfect match to my playing style. I've been playing for about 2 and a half years now and I'm own a BC Rich Warlock and honestly that looks and sounds like a piece of shit compared to this masterpiece. My friend owned a Special X a few years ago so I new that it was a good guitar and if this was stolen I would find the thief and kill him or if I couldn't I would definitely buy it again because it is a perfect guitar. My favorite feature is the ebony fingerboard because it makes the guitar feel very valuable. I was originally getting a masterpiece dragons blood mockingbird but I couldn't find one anywhere so a dealer recommended this to me instead and I'm glad o got this one as I prefer this and it is my new favorite guitar. The only things I wish it had is 24 frets and a case because it appears there are no soft cases for it and a hard case costs about 100 which I not have. Overall this is a wonderful guitar and is easy to play and looks killer I would definitely recommend it.

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing and it is a pretty solid guitar the strap buttons are well placed and are big so the strap wont fall off I can definitely depend on this guitar but I would never play a gig without a backup. The finish is very strong and wont chip easily but it is very easy to get fingerprints on it and it gets dirty real quick.

As soon as I got the guitar it was ready to play (just needed tuning). The pickups were perfectly adjusted and the action was low. There are no flaws on the guitar and the paint job is beautiful it is black with a white stripe flowing around the body. The bridge is very comfortable and its very easy to palm mute.

I don't know how to tell what year it was made but it was made in China. It has 22 jumbo frets and the neck is very thin. The body is made of mahogany and the fretboard is made of ebony. Its a neck through guitar and has rockfield pickups with ivory inlays and is a string thru body. It has 2 volume and 2 tone and a 3 way toggle switch. The tuners are non locking and it didn't come with any accessories.