Mockingbird ST review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Mockingbird ST

Price paid: C$ 1000

Purchased from: Morris Music

I play metal in it most extreme forms ranging from, Iron Maiden to Metallica to Slayer to Arch Enemy and this guitar handles it great. The pick ups are very high output and are great for heavy chunky rhythms and screaming leads. I am running it through a 75 watt Peavey Vypyr and this thing is great, if your into metal and want a wide variety of sounds shoot for this guitar.

For any sort of metal this guitar is one to go with, its played better (for me) then any other "metal" guitar and I would never sell or part with it. I have been playing 2 years and have owned a low quality warlock, a Ibanez rg series, and an Epiphone korina Flying V so this guitar blows all of those guys out of the water. I have no regrets with this guitar and if it were stolen or lost I would buy it again, no questions asked. This guitar leaves me feeling great and confident, I feel I can play cleaner and better with this axe and I would not trade it for any other guitar in the world. If you really really want a guitar that just feels so great for metal, go with this one.

This guitar is built solid, it would definetly survive any sort of gigging or Live playing, I wouldn't second guess myself to take this guitar on tour. I took a look at the hardware and it is wired extremely well, dosen't need any replacing or reinforcement of the sort so I'd say yes it will last a very long time. The strap buttons are very big on this guitar, you might not even need strap locks. To gig I would like to say I'd use it without a back up but with the Floyd Rose I would have to have another guitar with me. Like I said earlier this thing is built like a rock so the finish is great for live playing.

The action factory set up was far too high for my liking, but nothing a little twist on the truss rod couldn't fix. I was able to lower it extremely low this no fret buzz, a great aspect for sweeping picking and lightning fast leads! The guitar contained no flaws whatsoever from the factory as well, which really shows the quality of the B.C Rich company.

This guitar is made in Korea, it has 24 jumbo frets, a quilted maple top with a glossy finish. This mockingbird has an original Floyd Rose tremelo and passive rockfield mafia pickups. Controls include a revererse phase switch, two coil taps, 5 way varitone filter, 2 volume and a 3 way toggle pick up selector. Tuners are grover rotomatic locking tuners and I bought a B.C rich hard case along with it.

Lucifer66
    Here Paul Crook playing the "Rockingbird" made by Ed Roman in Las Vegas. I haven't tried one yet, but it sounds pretty nice on the video they have on the web page. Was thinking of getting one, but I'm a bit partial to Jacksons myself. http://www.edroman.com/guitars/abstract/... rd.htm Of course just buying the same guitar/amp your favorite player uses sure in the hell don't mean you are going to play just like them. I bet music store owners love when people come in and say "I want the guitar uses". They probably say something like "Ok..on which album?" and try to sell them 14 guitars, 10 amps and an assload of effects laughing all the way to the cash register as they throw in a free pick. WOW!...A FREE PICK!!!
    piebot9
    i have a BC Rich mockingbird ST and it is amazing guitar extremely versatile I use it in a jazz a band
    phuckoph
    I believe I'm about to put one of these babies in my collection. They're just too unique to pass up. And they're so metal while still being bluesy and country-twangy. i just gotta.
    joki100
    I was wondering if the original floyd rose is made by schaller, ping or floyd rose? I just wanted to make sure before i buy one.