NJ Beast review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: NJ Beast

Purchased from: Weirs Music Store(Hamilton, New Zealand)

Guitar is made to suit a Death metal or Hardcore type of Metal Player. I use an Ibanez TB100H and TB412A Head and 100W cap setup, with a VOX ToneLabs SE Effects pedal. This is a great sounding guitar which gets great screams and bends.

I play punk, classical, modern rock, Metallica, or anything that I feel like playing. If it were stolen or lost I would buy another, but without a floyd rose system in it because of the bad tuning system. I hate the tuning system in this guitar, but I love the shape and looks from audience that I get when they see how awsome my guitar looks (maybe it's just my professional playing.) If my budget had've been bigger I would have bought a JEM7V(WH), simply because I like Ibanez guitars alot better and the EdgePro floating bridge and trem systems are alot better. In my 5 years of playing, I can honestly say that this guitar is a great Lead guitar but wouldn't reccomend saving up to buy one. Go buy a JEM or a JS1000 guitar.

The strap buttons arn't put in a place which makes the guitar easy to play standing up. when I installed my own DiMarzio Clip Strap I had to drill and fill some of my own holes to make this guitar neck at the correct height. I would use this as your Back-up guitar, simply because the tuning system is wacked, even with a Locking Floyd Rose Trem. system (floating bridge) is goes out of tune rather easy with a few heavy bends of the Whammy bar, it goes flat quite easily and is a pain to tune correctly without loosening the Locking Trem.

Everything was set up to factory settings, with quite a low action setting this guitar is great for the random finger-tapping solo. Everything was set up perfectly with no flaws.

- Agathis body - Maple bolt-on neck - Rosewood fingerboard - Licensed floyd rose tremolo - Sealed B\.C\. Rich tuners - 25.5" scale length - 24 jumbo frets - Dot inlays - 2 BDSM pickups - Black/chrome hardware