NJ Beast review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: NJ Beast

Purchased from: Music Lab

Sound is suited for all around metal, has lower sound to all other guitars I've played and played with. I use Marshall AVT150 Head and Cab half-stack with Digitech Effects with the Digital FX in the Head already. Gives off a slight hum when fingers arent on strings, very loud guitar nice warm full mid and lows, with bright hi's. Guitar sounds depend on the player, trem pickup is easiest to do pinch harmonics, and very versitile guitar.

Hairmetal for those of you who dont know what it is, Poison, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, Guns N Roses, Motley Crue. Deathmetal (Deicide, C.O.F.) Thrash/speed (Venom, Megadeth, Metallica, Testament). Very good match. I have been playing for about 3 years and I own The NJ Beast, Washburn hollow body Chuck Berry replica, Marshall AVT 150 Head and Cab, Digitech Delay, Metal Master and RP 100 pedals. I wish I asked what gauge strins the guitar could hold before having to be recalibrated. I would buy it again but with the speedloader feature cuz tuning is a bitch when you need to, a tip always have an Alan Wrench. I love the bodystyle and looks as well as the playability and fast action, however the points dig into your chest when you play in the pocket. I compared to Flying V's, Jacksons and Gibsons.

It will withstand punishment, however anything with jagged points will chip. The hardware isn't all that great but what hardware is at an affordable price? Strap buttons are solid and nice, dependable, yeah it's durable but I'll never go on stage w/out backup. Finish is great, very durable, however I do polish my guitar a lot.

Guitar was set up well at factory, the pickups are close to the strings, routed and bookmatched perfectly, hardware oxidized after a little while, not an overall gripe, Switch came loose a few times and so did input jack, I basically learned guitar tech 101 on my own with this machine, especially changing stings with the floating trem.

Ok, So far I've seen the reviews for the Beast Brass City, numbnut Limeys and non-experienced players are buying this for looks. - the complicated 2002 NJ Series - 24 frets, thin fast-action neck - laminated top, color black - body and neck basswood and maple - black satin finish - solid body BC Rich - floyd rose tremolo with lockin nuts - active electronics - 1 volume, 1 tone, 3 way Switch - standard BC Rich humbucker coils pickup - Schaller tuners