NJ Beast review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: NJ Beast

I listen to and play death metal(cannibal corpse, dying fetus, mortician etc) and this guitar fits perfectly with what I play.It sounds best with a lot of distortion, I sometimes use my wah pedal, but it doesn't sound too great. But tapping doesn't sound very good. It can be loud, but it has a lower sound compared to a normal guitar.I would say is is a guitar for metal, and hard rock. It doesn't have too many different sounds, it's a guitar just for metal.

I like playing death metal, which it is perfect for. I haven't been playing long 1 year, and a half, I own a Fender Squire, and a Dean Vendetta. The Beast is not the most expensive one I own, I got it on sale for $289. If I lost this guiatr, I would buy it again, it's that good. I love how the tuning is very flexable, I've tuned it down to G for awhile, but I mostly keep it in B tuning. When I got it, I was at guitar center and it beat every guitar I compared it to. I compared it to a B.C. Rich Bich, warlock, and a Jackson Flying V, but it had more than any of them. The only think I wish it had is a wammy bar.

I feel like it will withstand Live playing perfectly. I've dropped it many times, and nothing happened to it, it still sound the same as when I got it 6 months ago. The harware will last, I have had no problems with it. As opposed to my other 2(Fender Squire, and Dean Vendetta) which I have had many problems with. the strap comes off alot, because of where they are positioned, the buttons are stable, but kind of shakey. I would use this at a gig, without a back up, it can withstand alot. I feel like the finish will last.

The Beast is very well set up. The pickups are very well set up. The bridge is routed properly. The only flaw is strings snap really easily, I don't know what that would fall under, probably a poorly cut nut. Other than that there are no flaws. The pickups sometimes pickup other sounds like watchs.

The B.C. Rich Beast I have, was made in china. 24 jumbo frets, and a solid top body. Black body, red outline, with a maple neck. It has a satin finish,, a string-thru bridge, with active electronics. There's only volume knob, tone knoeb, and a 3-way selector. It has 2 B.C. Rich humbuckers, and non-lockin B.C. Rich made tuners. Includes no accessories..

bcrichguitarist
    SOUPerman432321 wrote: B.C. Rich guitars suck alot don't buy them they are crap get an esp or schecter insted.
    Esp are crap quality, none of my bc rich guitars have ever ****ed up on me, my first guitar was an esp f-250 that thing crapped out on me within a year, ive never had a problem with any 3 of my bc rich guitars... but the beast is uncomfortable to play and it is heavy as hell, but it looks cool, and sounds amazing
    c man
    esp guitars are the shit I wasted my money on a stupid bc rich the looks were there but the sound quality wasn't
    Kid Fisto
    SOUPerman, you are....ugh....you don't dis a guitar co. that's made guitars for that long and whose guitars are used by Kerry King, slash, etc. my mockingbird will beat the crap out of your esp and then still play perfectly.