NJ Classic Mockingbird review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: NJ Classic Mockingbird

Purchased from: some dude

My main tuning is Standard, but for the sake of this review I tuned down many steps and tested it. For those Standard tuning dudes this guitar is a real rockin guitar, the sound is compairable to the Gibson Les Paul. The pickups are hot, but not to hot, kinda like a Dimarzio, They clean up really well, even on the bridge position you can get a nice tone. When flipping to distortion you can really whale on this thing, soloing is flawless and rifting can get really mean. For the drop tuners out there however, you may want to get some pickups that can handle droped tuning (perferably active). When dropping down the pickups get really mucky. So I can't help out all you dudes.

Well, I play Santana, to Jeff Beck, to Led Zepplin, to Metallica, to Lamb Of God, all of these are achievable on this guitar all stock. The Heel-less neck joint really helps make the upper fret access really easy on your hands. If I lost it I'd probly buy a more high dollar USA made one. But, if you want a solid guitar that'll murder a Les Paul, buy it.

Man, if I droped this thing it would still be perfect, I depend on it 100%.

I found nothing wrong with it. All I did was lower the action a little, but other than that it was fine.

I'm not sure when it was made but it was made in Korea. Neck-Thru, 24 fret maple neck, Mahogany sides and a thick maple top. Two B.C. Rich humbuckers, two volume and one tone. Stopbar and Tail piece along with B.C. Rich locking tuners. Note: I'm reviewing the natural Bich version of this guitar.

BOYERxBREAKDOWN
    --ESTRANGED-- wrote: lol, first review, under sound: "It's a pretty quiet guitar when you are not actually playing it" erm...yeah...that would make sence. not touching the guitar = no noise.
    Well some guitars are actually kind of noisy when you are just holding them.
    necas00
    ive installed tone pro bridge, the studs of the saddle were a just a bit thicker. A piece of wood and hammer done the job ( was a good beating toPut them in) the guitar is well build, she didn't feel the beating this will never get out place ( saddle) Im Using Dunlop s 11 heavier proper for drop tunning but it plays in any tunning ( strong metal Tone) just need change the machine heads but for now they fine, the guitar keeps in tune for days.. after having a good look on fret board there's no need for anything but in the future. It will. This bc nj classic series is playing like Charme. I'm a happy owner of one of those guitars bc rich nj Classic series.
    1320polaris
    I have a 2002 NJ series Mockingbird. Ibought it new. Went shopping for a Les Paul and was shocked at how the necks on all that were in the store were like bassball bats. Totally bummed! The friend I was with knew off another store nearby, so off we went. Long story short [sort off] found this baby and have been in love ever since. Playing 30+ years, NEVER played anything I liked more, not even close. hundreds of gigs, no problems!
    Once you get used to a thick neck, you won't want to go back, I used to play a les paul copy that had a thin, bolt on neck, then i bought my first real les paul, now it's my baby, the tone is simply chunkier with a thick neck and it's sooo much more comfortable, it's like a new pair of shoes almost, you have to break them in and get used to them before comfortable.
    truckdaddy21
    Found one of these in mint condition at a mom and pops. Best guitar I've ever played including les Paul customs. Unbelievable value.
    necas00
    i always i've been a big fan of the bc rich mockingbird, and i was lucky to find one from 2005 nj classic series from korea.. this one came with Seymour Duncans jb.. it needs a little work (tlc). (new tune o matic bridge) and new fretboard.. this guitar had been without playing for years!!! but it plays and sounds amazing like she is.. this guitar is work horse.. i dont know about the new ones from 2008 up, but for what i been reading they not good as the old ones... this guitar had cost me 240 pounds that i paid happily once i knew the body was in good shape (no cracks etc..) and the duncans was a big bonus.. great guitar guys... rock on ))