NJ Jr-V review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: NJ Jr-V

Purchased from: ebay

I play hard rock/metal and it suits that style just fine, but the stock pick ups were garbage so I put in the EMG HZ's and it does clean real nice now aswell. I use a POD as my pre-amp and run it into the effects return of a Peavey Heritage 2X12 combo that has a tube power section really adds some life to the pod, when I'm jammin with my drummer and bass player I use a rack and 2 4X12 cabs, in the rack is a Behringer Auto-Com (comp/limiter/expander/gate), Behringer Virtualizer, dual 15 band Dod EQ and a Crown Ce1000 power amp. The guitar has a very warm tone to it with the better pick-ups.

I play hard rock/metal, it's a black BC Rich V with the widow headstock, it screems metal. Been playing for about 6 and a half years steady was in a metal band for a bit but I'm just jammin for fun now. If it were lost/stolen or broken beyond repair I would have to go to the custom shop and order a custom model with the old head stock. Then I would get another NJ like this one or one of the new Platinum Pro models.

I'm sure it would take anything, I've had it for 3 years but I broke one of the lock screws on the floyd and BC Rich was good enough to send me 3 replacements free of charge which was damn nice of em if you ask me, so I suppose the hardware will last so long as I don't go hercules on the stringlock screws, lol. I'd never jam with out a back up, no matter how good the guitar is. It's a V everybody know the trouble spots that the finish will chip or wear off.

It was set up fine at the factory bt every guitarist should be able to set up a guitar to his/her own liking that being said I set it up to my liking. As stated above BC Rich stock pick-ups are horrid so I installed the EMG HZ's. The guitar was a factory second due to some flaws in the finish so I'll rate it lower on this topic, but to me its a matter of playability not looks.

2002 NJ Jr-V fast back heel, made in Japan, 24 fret, I think it's a 25. 5 inch scale which suits me well cause I'm 6'1" and I got big hands so it feels more comfortable to me. Ash body maple neck I believe, gloss black finish, it's a V, floyd rose, EMG HZ-4's, volume tone and 3 way toggle, came with case.