NJ Jr-V review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: NJ Jr-V

Purchased from: Local Music Store

The sound of this guitar when I first plugged it in was amazing. I've never heard anything like it. I used to play with a Strat and single coils sound way different the the 2 humbucker configuration. I just use my amp and the effects on it. I go for the powerful crunchy metal type of sound and this guitar fits it perfectly. It's easy to hit the high notes and execute perfect pinch and artifical harmonics.

This guitar is a great guitar for hard rock or metal. I've had the guitar for about a year and it's all I have been using. I haven't touched my Strat in forever. If it was stolen I would definetly replace it. The only thing I hate is the the input jack location. It could have been better placed on the guitar. I've gone through quite a few guitar cables because of it.

This guitar hasn't been put to the test yet. We will find out soon enough though. The strap buttons could have been placed in a more accesible place but were they are now is fine with me. It just took a little getting used to. The paint job is nice and think, not to think though.

The factory set-up was decent. Wasn't the best but I fiddled around with it and I have it how I like it now. The action of the guitar is phenominal. I love the way it feels as I play. The only flaws were that it had a couple dings and scraps but it was used so. I would have like it better in flat black but the blue is kinda nice. It's a change though.

This guitar was crafted in Indonesia. Despite that I still love the overall quality of it. It has 24 frets and the scale of the neck is about 25 1/2". The body is made of nato (eastern mahogany) and the neck is ebony. The body style of course is a V. The finish on my guitar is a simple metallic blue. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge. The pickups on it are 2 black B.C. Rich B.D.S.M. humbuckers. It has 1 volume, 1 3-way toggle and 1 tone knob. The tuners are non-locking which has it's ups and downs. Where I bought it from the guy gave me the case with the purchase of the guitar at no extra cost.

qotsa1998
    Im nota fan of most BC Richs. I really like Mockingbirds, and thats about it. As far as Vs, id want a Jackson Rhodes or a Gibson-style 60s V with the larger pickguard. Something is off with that picture, but it might just be my computer.
    SicSeb
    They look killer and Five Finger Death Punch, who's guitarists uses these guitars, sound killer, but I heard many times that BC Rich guitars want to fall apart once in a while. I think the quality got better but I hear they are still pretty dodgy. But I still want to check those guitars out.
    koerok
    MrDURPEEDURP
    BC Rich's higher end Warlocks are seriously among the best bang for the $ hell, even the some of the cheaper ones end up sounding great through a good amp.
    Andraysexy
    BC Rich always remind me of the type of guitar you buy when you really suck at guitar... I guess it's because all my friends who really suck at guitar really love BC Rich. It seems tas if BC Rish focuses on elaborate looks and not as much on their versatility. I tried playing some jazz on a BC Rish that looked like it could kill a man, and it sounded terrible. I believe I was playing through a Marshall 115 Valvestate, so you know you would normally get good tone.
    darkslde91
    hmmm not much of a B C kind player im more of a gibson guy B C's are to.... idk but i like the tuff-tough look
    [B]C [R]ich
    this is gunna sound stupid cuz bc rich is my name on this here site n this was before i found this out for the record but bc rich's are pretty poor quality guitars only reason i plan on buying this guitar is cuz i want a neck through V with a floyd rose, just to shred the balls off of it that said n done how much are these things worth, cdn or US dollar?
    LazyLatinoRocke
    koerok wrote: Damn cool guitars. i allways love B.C. Rich. everyone allways complains about them but you have to know how to use them itj just like a girl. i had a virgin NJ and now i'm saving money for a red acryl warlock or a beast NT hope i get them in a couple of months
    it's funny how you say a guitar is like a girl but you have a virgin anyway looks like a good guitar. i'll check it out. maybe it'll be my next guitar
    petergreen
    alex240993 wrote: nah i would get a jacko v as they look cooler and play better
    a jackson play better then a bcr??? ok...
    Hispasian16
    when he said jacko v,he meant the draco v. Its a B.C. Rich and it looks really cool. I dunno how it sounds, but you should check it out.