NJ Jr-V review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: NJ Jr-V

Purchased from: Ebay

I play METAL! And this guitar does METAL. I play through a Roland Cube 30, and it sounds decent on the clean channel but outstanding on the distortion. The pickups are perfect for my kind of distortion, which is easy to find on tube amps but eventually I got decent with my old guitar. Now it is really stunning. I am rather pleased!

Really good guitar for the price, although 600 I might turn my back on it, that seems a bit much, but now I'd be happy to pay it again. If this guitar broke (beyond repair) I would beat up whoever broke it, and then cry for an hour. Then I'd buy another BC Rich NJ guitar, but in some change I might try a warlock... I dunno. Great guitar, bottom line.

Colour is fragile. Guitar is fragile... The strap buttons are good! On my first guitar, they were useless, on my 2nd they were amazing, and on this, I can trust that my strap will stay still but its kinda hard to put on. I've never gigged before, be a few years before I probably will... but the bridge would mean I got depend on it pretty well.

Well, the colour can't be described in a bad way, its awesome! I did notice it is very fragile though... Everything was set up well, but I may change it... No flaws, factory did a good job, could of done better strings, or its just old strings, I'm not sure.

Ok, this is a BC Rich Jr. V I got on Ebay (originaly at 600). Iif you want the deatiled features you can buy it in (mine is limited edition/custom finish) either look at another one of the reviews or the BC Rich website. Its basically a v with a rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets, passive bdsm H-H pickups, and a Floyd Rose. The finish I have it in is see through dark green, sounds bad but looks great.

Edika
    To Aleksi: yes I know, but there was no category for the NJ deluxe JrV and being kind of a newbie I don't know if it is possible for a member to create a category. So...
    JasonDok
    I have a 2010 JR V Deluxe, It came with EMG Active Pickups and a Floyd Rose, i don't know how much it differs to the 2002 model shown here, but there isn't a thread for the 2010, really it is a beautiful guitar, if that is you know what tone to expect from actives.. The JR V is extremely heavy [almost as heavy as a double sg maybe short 5lb].. so if you plan to play it standing up [obviously a factor with a v] i do suggest getting a softer material strap.. otherwise it's going to hurt, The locking neck nut kleeps the guitar in tune 24 jumbo frets at one inch neck profile.. white outline makes the guitar a snapping finish, Only downside: The patch input tends to destroy patch chords.. for a guitar like this it's almost ideal to have a wireless patch setup.. Ratings: Overall: 10/10 Tone: 10/10 Pickups: 10 I had no real disappointments with this guitar other then that it doesn't like A tunings very much.. but frankly what guitar with a floyd rose does..
    JasonDok
    Just to add to that, Made in Korea.. bought from www.music123.com and price was $900 usd incl. shipping/handling charges.
    DC_Waste
    I'll never buy a B.C. Rich again in my life... I had the NJ Jr.v in quilted red... TERRIBLE! Now it's in my bedroom FUCKED, Input jack is ****ed, Pickups are ****ed, Neck is to thick... The welding was absolutly TERRIBLE I know B.C. Rich do some nice guitars but i'd never buy one again incase. I'll stick with Ibanez
    ulfr-tyr
    For a B.C. Rich or Jackson to be a good hell even Fender to be good....ya need the guitar's list price to be over a grand U.S. dollars...a better guitar would be a Schecter Damien FR 7 string stock EMGs http://www.guitarcenter.com/-i2246223.gc can play painkiller well and the guitar lasts a long time.