NJ Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: NJ Warlock

Purchased from: emf musique

I'm the lead guitarist type and I play anything from classic rock (scopions, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, acdc, Queen) to power metal (Hammerfall, Manowar, Nightwish, Rhapsody).I use a Marshall MG100DFX and it sounds so goods. I have all the distotion I need (it is also good for clean channel). Even if this guitar is made for metal it is also good for jazz stuff. Plus the guitar has an excellent tremolo bar system. I can play with the bar for an hour and my chords are still tuned (due to the speedloader system) Although I've heard many negative things about it. In the case of the tremolo bridge, some would say that when you're palm muting on this kind of bridge, the strings will have a tedency to get out of tune. Well, if that is the case I don't notice it. Replacing this kind of string is not a problem for me, I know where to find them and they cost only 9,00 CAN$ which is 3 or 4 dollars more than normal chords. The only thing that bothers me is the sustain. I don't have a good sustain as I woud like to. I want every note I play to last 30 sec. But I'll probably fix that with a sustain compressor (by the way if you happen to know a good compressor for a good price, say it to me.

It is certain that this guitar is not a 2000$ gisbon or ESP but it does the job right. Since this guitar is made only metal I'm sure it has nothing to envy to a Gibson or an ESP in term of distortion. I've been playing 3 years and a half and this guitar fits me so well. As a lead guitariste I have to have my 24 frets and my tremolo bar because it allows me to develop new ideas for my solos.

I plan to use this guitar on stage. Only time will tell me if this baby will last cause it's been only a week since a have it, but when I look at it I can tell that it will last for a long time and that I can use it on stage. One thing that surprised me is that the guitar is as heavy as it seems. I was bit scared, because I always noticed that good handmade guitars are always heavier that averages ones. But when I test it I was at peace. I said to myself: for this price this can't be something cheap.

The finish is great. When I bought it nothing was loose or badly fixed. Although the neck forms a thin thin little crack with the rest of the body on each side. The guitar itself has a crazy body construction. It has sharp edges to it and red/flames color from the headstok down the neck to main body. Since it has the speed loader system the head of the neck is purely decorative.

Black-Metal
    broken_leg wrote: ''This is a brand new 2005 NJ Warlock in translucent black. It has 24 frets, 25.5" scale, and is a bolt-on neck'' umm moron NJ means neck through body SO ITS NOT A FUKING BOLT ON
    the NT series are neck through (Neck Through) the NJ series are Neck Joint (bolt on) ummmmm moron!