NJ Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: NJ Warlock

It sound decent on clean but when you put it on any kind of overdrive or distortion it really starts to show it's true colrs. with the neck pickup it screams in the highs and booms in the lows. the mids are also very nice. each note is clean and clear, even on the heaviest distortion. It would be a thom playing anything from Queen to ACDC to Metallica to Ozzy and everything in between. the pickups are a little bassy on clean but just turn up the mids and highs on the amp and itl sound just fine. I mostly play classic and hard rock and a little bit of metal, but I also like to put it on clean and play some Pink Floyd and zeppelin. the pickups are fairly quiet but the do give off a solid high pitch note on high gain settings only. the pickups are only really good on 10. anything in the middle they become very muddy.

I walked in, saw it, picked it up, played it for an hour, then bought it. I knew it was the one. I have been playing for about 6 months now. I know several(about 6) full songs and dozens of riffs and intros. this is exactly the guitar I was looking for. I was going to get the Schecter C-1 FR but I got this one instead, for half the price! it is worth at least 500usd. with active EMGs they could charge 700+! it is trully a bad ass guitar. I would recomend it to ALL my freinds. if I could find another one like mine! They are super rare. I've only seen like 3 on the internet so far!

I don't play Live yet but it seems tough. the only problem is all the sharp corners that can get hit. the strap buttons are good and sturdy but ima put straplocks on just in case, the paint seems tough and I think it will last awile as long as you keep it clean.

It was set up early in the day when I bought it. it was set up perfectly. it sustains like a beast and plays like glass. the neck is so fast and smooth yet not super thin like Ibanez necks, which are too thin for me.all the components are nice and tight and don't feel lose or wrong. the Floyd Rose is perfect it stays is tune forever. I couldnt believe I got the whole guitar for less than the price of the speedloader alone!

It is a 2003 B\.C\. Rich NJ series Warlock with a Floyd Rose Speedloader bridge. It has 24 frets with diamonnd-shaped inlays. it has a widow headstock with NO tuners(because of the speedloader). It has a gloss black finish on the body, neck, and headstock. it has a rosewood fretboard. It is a solyd body electric guitar with 2 B\.C\. Rich BDSM passive humbuckers. It has 2 volume, 1 tone and a 3-way Switch. It did not come with a case but I got a Coffin Case for it at a pawn shop. It fits perfectly.

whencowsfart101
    AllOpenStrings wrote: this is a ton of help as to whether or not it should be purchased..... write something about the god damn instrument
    Buy the newer NJ Warlock, that's a great guitar. Steer well clear of the old Warlocks though.
    fretcrazed20
    i owned a bolton fastheel as well, but i had mine with a licsensed Floyd Rose w/ Downshifter and the Zakk Wylde EMG's on it. Got it used at my local Guitar Center for two hundred bucks. they are fantastic but the tremolo groove was cut incorrectly and was hollowed in too deep so the notes pinged a little. also, the hollowness affected the tone considerably, and the action stock was a bit high, so i returned it and got an ibanez seven string. good buy tho.
    Theivanstacy
    broken_leg wrote: ''This is a brand new 2005 NJ Warlock in translucent black. It has 24 frets, 25.5" scale, and is a bolt-on neck'' umm moron NJ means neck through body SO ITS NOT A FUKING BOLT ON
    You, my friend, are ****ing idiot. Get your facts straight before posting bullshit remarks.
    Ghost_of_Jimi
    As Pingis_Or_Death said, NJ stands for Nagoya Japan, it has nothing to do with the neck. In the 80's they were made in Japan, then production moved to Korea and the NJ was changed to New Jersey, probably to fool people into thinking the Korean crap they just bought came from America.
    Leather Sleeves
    NJ does not mean neck-joint. I have an NJ Neck-Thru series Warlock. Says so right on the headstock. Now why the hell would someone call a guitar neck-joint-neck-thru? Think about it.
    Kvaedi
    Do your research kiddies. NJ stands for Nagoya Japan, it has nothing to do with the neck. At all. They're called NJ guitars because the first foreign made BC Rich guitars were made in Nagoya. Japan. Even though NJ series guitars are now made in Korea, they've stuck to calling their foreign made guitars the NJ series. Again. Nothing to do with the neck at all. Some years these were bolt on. Some they were neck through.