NT Beast TBK Review

review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
NT Beast TBK Reviewed by: vaca11, on february 22, 2011

Price paid: € 399

Purchased from: thomann.de

Features: It made around 2008 I think. It made in China. 24 medium/jumbo frets with ebony fretboard, Diamond inlays. Body is NATO and its finish is limited edition Trans Black. It has a Licanced Floyd Rose but stays in tune. 2 x B.S.D.M brand's own high-output humbuckers. 1x tone and 1x volume, 3 way switch. It came with few tools. AND this guitar is Neck-Thru! // 9

Sound: I'm playing 80's metal, Modern Metal, 80's rock, Alternative rock like RHCP stuff.. This guitar is made for METAL. Its pickups are really high-output. I didn't expected to have a good clean sound with this guitar but to be honest I loved thick, bass sound in cleans. It has lots of bass and you need some tweak for getting rid off it. If you know how to use volume knob it sounds killer. I used it with: Marshall Mg100dfx Laney GL50H Bugera 333-212 Zoom G9.2tt Line6 pod xt // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It arrived with a well-setup. Only problem I had with factory set-up was issue abouth floyd-rose which toke my 2mins. To repair it. Everything is fine with setup. Sadly it arrived with damage at some points of body & headshock due to shipping. Nothing too big but disturbed me. And there is a small painting problem in rear of locking nut. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'm giging with this guitar for more than 8 months and its fine but I always bring backup guitar with me. Floyd is not orginal but still good. Since the finish is trans. And it arrived with damages + it has lots of sharp points you have to be always carefull abouth finish. I always feel like I'm going to hit guitar to somewhere and paint going to get damaged. As I mentioned before it arrived with few paint damages due to shipping // 6

Overall Impression: For metal stuff this is a great guitar. Doing clean stuff very well too but Beast shape makes you to look weird. I'm playing with this guitar more than 8 months. I got 1996 Mod. Sq Strat, Jackson RR3, Rg350M, and few cheap guitars. This guitar really kills Legendary Jackson. I will buy this guitar if it will get stolen, its a limited edition. My favorite feature is Neck-thru. It makes me feel good. I wish it to have Bare Knuckle Pickups, orginal floyd and Son of Beast shape. In wepsite you can't find much information abouth this guitar due to being limited edition. But Bc Rich's wepsite is very misleading!! It says Orginal Floyd Rose, Made in Japan. If you love metal music, like exterme shapes and don't care how big or heavy your guitar is.. This is a nice guitar for you. // 6

Comments