NT Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: NT Warlock

I play in a metalcore/pop-mosh band and it suits us perfectly, I don't use the floyd... I'm not a dive-bomb kid, I used it a bit when I got the guitar, but soon got bored and locked the floyd in place, but in the time I did use it, I could tell it was a solid trem, it stayed in tune and could handle the dives like nothing. I play through a Peavey Vypyr 100 combo and the vypyr 120 valve head into a windsor 412 cab, and it sounds great with both, a little muddy with the 120, but I'm gonna blame that on the speakers [as I've heard they're a bit too bassy for their own good] there's no buzz from either amps, or any others I've played through so no complaints here.

So yeah I play most kinds of metal music, and it withstands it all, I also own a Platinum Warlock, and an Ibanez GRG150. But don't criticize my judgment based on that! I've played hundreds of guitars, but being poor as I am, I can never afford those $1000+ guitars everyone's always talking about. If this guitar were lost/stolen, I would be pi55ed as hell, but wouldn't go out of my way to get another one, I'd probably save up for a neck-thru Ibanez with EMGs and a fixed bridge, I got this guitar for so cheap because I traded it with my friend for 60 pound and my Zoom FX pedal, which I was bored of. All in all I think this guitar is great and anyone thinking of getting one is making a good choice if they don't have a huge amount of money to spend on their next guitar.

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing, I've run around stage with it, into the crowd, knocked it on both equipment and people, dropped it (guitar strap broke) and generally abused it, and its been completely fine, hasn't gone out of tune, hasn't taken any dents, nothing! Not even from dropping it! Of course I do have a backup, but for all the gigs I've used this guitar for, I have never needed it. I wouldn't go so far as to say you'd never need a backup, but I'm pretty sure that anyone using this guitar correctly could make do without one.

I got this guitar second-hand so I have no idea as to the factory set-up. But I what I will say, is that if you want a guitar to truly be yours, you should re-set it up as soon as you get it! No matter how 'perfect' you think the factory settings are. However, when I received it it had a so-so set-up, I lowered the action, adjusted the truss rod, and fixed the intonation (this was all after getting new heavy gauge strings, as the previous owner had it in Standard tuning and I play in drop C. Apart from that it was in perfect condition, no dents or chips, no scratches... It seems very solid in general.

I don't know when this guitar was made, but I know it was made in china, it has 24 medium frets, a mahogany body, thin maple neck (Neck-thru), ebony fretboard, and an original Floyd Rose with locking tuners. It also has a pair of passive BC Rich BDSM humbuckers, two volume dials and a volume dial, along with a 3-way selector. All in all I think this is a pretty good set-up for near enough 400 pound new.

HoddiDarko
    Wow, only 60 quid! Nice grab, this guitar must definitely be worth the money you spent on it.
    mrshreddy
    Dude an Original Floyd alone is worth more than 60 quid. If you really did get it for that price you basically stole it.
    nosaint26
    You can tell what year it was made by the first digit in the serial number (it's year of 200x) if it was made since 2000. Mine is a 2004 NT Deluxe and I love it. I keep 11-52 strings on it and drop-D tune it for playing (mostly) metal. I love the sound it produces with it's original bdsms too.
    Vampire_Prince
    lol i got it for 60 cause it was second-hand off a friend of mine and i also gave him my FX pedal.. XP
    Ali-b912
    dlowe102 wrote: BDSM= Broad,Dynamic,Sound,Matched I dont think they are trying to be scary and agressive with nameing a set of matched dynamic sounding pickups bdsm
    No, it's a retronym. Or, to be more precise, they made it Broad Dynamic Sonic Matched so the acronym would be BDSM (aka Bondage, Domination, Sadism, Masochism). Either way, they were completely trying to be edgy.
    Gitaarbanaan
    its second-handed, so 60 quid is a nice friend's deal XD do the humbuckers really sound that great? I find that hard to believe, but if you say so :O nice body shape though, always like those Warlocks
    TST2469
    LUCKY MAN!! I think i gots 60 quid in my bank just point me at the shop and bam!!! im walking out there with 1 LoL
    schirripar
    LMFAO 60 bucks, reliability - 10 the only guitar that this is true for is Jack Whites
    dlowe102
    Banjocal
    BC Rich BDSM pickups
    BC Rich are trying too hard to sound scary and aggressive now.
    Single Foo
    EricJo wrote: WTF? 60 bucks?! xD
    wow only 60, i don't know how much that is in American dollars but holy shit dude