NT Warlock Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 03/11/2011 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: NT Warlock
It has 24 medium frets, a mahogany body, thin maple neck (Neck-thru), ebony fretboard, and an original Floyd Rose with locking tuners.
 8.6
 7.3
 1,329
review (1) pictures (1) 23 comments vote for this gear:
NT Warlock Reviewed by: Vampire_Prince, on march 11, 2011

Features: I don't know when this guitar was made, but I know it was made in china, it has 24 medium frets, a mahogany body, thin maple neck (Neck-thru), ebony fretboard, and an original Floyd Rose with locking tuners. It also has a pair of passive BC Rich BDSM humbuckers, two volume dials and a volume dial, along with a 3-way selector. All in all I think this is a pretty good set-up for near enough 400 pound new. // 8

Sound: I play in a metalcore/pop-mosh band and it suits us perfectly, I don't use the floyd... I'm not a dive-bomb kid, I used it a bit when I got the guitar, but soon got bored and locked the floyd in place, but in the time I did use it, I could tell it was a solid trem, it stayed in tune and could handle the dives like nothing. I play through a Peavey Vypyr 100 combo and the vypyr 120 valve head into a windsor 412 cab, and it sounds great with both, a little muddy with the 120, but I'm gonna blame that on the speakers [as I've heard they're a bit too bassy for their own good] there's no buzz from either amps, or any others I've played through so no complaints here. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this guitar second-hand so I have no idea as to the factory set-up. But I what I will say, is that if you want a guitar to truly be yours, you should re-set it up as soon as you get it! No matter how 'perfect' you think the factory settings are. However, when I received it it had a so-so set-up, I lowered the action, adjusted the truss rod, and fixed the intonation (this was all after getting new heavy gauge strings, as the previous owner had it in Standard tuning and I play in drop C. Apart from that it was in perfect condition, no dents or chips, no scratches... It seems very solid in general. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definitely withstand live playing, I've run around stage with it, into the crowd, knocked it on both equipment and people, dropped it (guitar strap broke) and generally abused it, and its been completely fine, hasn't gone out of tune, hasn't taken any dents, nothing! Not even from dropping it! Of course I do have a backup, but for all the gigs I've used this guitar for, I have never needed it. I wouldn't go so far as to say you'd never need a backup, but I'm pretty sure that anyone using this guitar correctly could make do without one. // 10

Overall Impression: So yeah I play most kinds of metal music, and it withstands it all, I also own a Platinum Warlock, and an Ibanez GRG150. But don't criticize my judgment based on that! I've played hundreds of guitars, but being poor as I am, I can never afford those $1000+ guitars everyone's always talking about. If this guitar were lost/stolen, I would be pi55ed as hell, but wouldn't go out of my way to get another one, I'd probably save up for a neck-thru Ibanez with EMGs and a fixed bridge, I got this guitar for so cheap because I traded it with my friend for 60 pound and my Zoom FX pedal, which I was bored of. All in all I think this guitar is great and anyone thinking of getting one is making a good choice if they don't have a huge amount of money to spend on their next guitar. // 8

Comments