Platinum ASM review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum ASM

I play a range of styles, from blues to metal, and from jazz to hard rock, and it never let me down. The humbucker provides me with a nice, bright sound for all my distortion needs, and the single coils give me the warm, rich sound I want when I'm playing clean. I usually run this guitar through a Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby Wah pedal, then a Line 6 Uber Metal Distortion stomp box, which leads into my home built amp. The downside to this guitar is the lack of wide variety. It may have the necessary sounds, but it doesn't have anything for those who want to explore different tones and reach new, unique sounds.

I play a variety of music as I mentioned previously, and this is nearly perfect. I've been playing for 3 years straight, trying new things, opening new doors and writing new songs, and this guitar was the one beside me the whole way. I've never owned another guitar before this one, and I must say, I don't think I really ever needed a new guitar. I also own Jackson JS30RR electric guitar, a homemade amplifier, a Line 6 Uber Metal Stompbox, a Dunlop CryBaby and a homemade ToneBooster footswitch. My favorite part about this guitar is the warm, rich sound of it's clean channel, that delivers almost tube-like sounds, and the only thing I hate is the fact that I can't find anything to hate. Hope this review helped.

The guitar was flawless, and I couldn't find a scratch if I wanted to. The bridge was perfect, the pickups were nice, low and snug and the hardware seemed to have been put on with extreme care. The slightest problem was the action. It was a little too high. But that was fixed with a screwdriver and my own bare hands. This guitar deserves more credit than I give it.