Platinum ASM review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum ASM

Purchased from: Music Farm

I love this guitar for the fact that it is just evil and works with my melodic death metal style of playing. I use my DigiTech pedal with all my custom settings phaser, distorted fuzz bass, distorted wah, distorted phaser, metal, light distorted fuzz bass, and wah. It sounds great with all those effects. My amp is a Marshall 100 watt I believe this guitar if used with an effects station pedal sounds great on any Marshall. It isn't noisy at all with the digitech modeling processor it takes out all feed back unless I create it with the floyd rose tremelo system it makes the sound I want if set right. I use a dirty metal sound mixed with a country feel like White Zombie meets Children Of Bodom. Now the only complaints that I have about the guitar is the upper part of the body it looks bad ass but when you sit with the guitar like a Strat the spikes dig into your leg and chest at the same time but this isn't a problem for those use to playing Vs cause you can set it on your lap either way like a V or a Strat.

Like I said I play melodic death metal mixed with a dirty south sound and they go along perfect with this guitar I've been playing for over 6 years I own a keyboard, PA system, 100watt Marshall amp, 15 watt crate amp, 15 watt acoustic amp, 8 piece pulse double bass drumset, BC Rich Bronze Warlock, Synsonic Custom Strat style, Estaban classical acoustic, Fender American Strat, custom Ritchfield M7 bass, Custom Ibanez TR-50 bass, and the BC Rich Zombie!

This guitar is built for live shows and proves it with the looks it has to kill. The hardware has lasted me so far and hasn't rusted thats ussually from when someone doesn't take care of their instrument but I do and so should you. Since it's apart of the Platnum Pro Series by BC Rich it is dependable throughout a whole gig, and the finish is lasting on mine and I wear chains that usually tend to scratch the paint off but it hasn't on this though it does leave notice-able marks.

The actions are great perfect slickness on the frettboard for sliding pickups are still by BC Rich and we all know they don't make the best humbuckers but these ones surprised me. Now the balance is a little weird the necks tends to slide pointing toward the ground but it's just a matter of adjusting your strap to the weight of the guitar the whammy of the floyd rose is ideal for any one that loves to use the bar.

This guitar just came out last year in 2005 and is made in Korea with 24 jumbo fretts of devastation, rosewood fretboard and all agathis body and maple bolt on neck. The bridge is the always fantastic to own floyd rose tremelo system, normal dot inlays from ebony 2BDSM pickups by BC Rich and black hardware.