Platinum Pro 7 String Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Pro  7 String Warlock

I play all styles of metal and have been for quite sometime now. This guitar suits my needs more than perfectly. I play it through a crate 65W and a Boss ME-50 peddle and i love the sound it get out of this combination. It is not noisy what so ever and as a very rich, full, bulky, sound that is sure to please any fan of metal. With a peddle this guitar can use any effect very well and I have not experienced and dislikes about it.

As I have said, this is the perfect metal guitar. It is set up to do anything from face melting low-end riffs to skull shattering solos with so much tone that it hurts. The other guitars I own are a B.C.Rich Bronze Warlock and a B.C.Rich NJ Beast (Bass). I have tested many guitars and have come to the decision that B.C.Rich is the best guitar company for metal hands down. The only problem with this guitar lies in the fact that it is a 7-string. It is very easy to get hooked on using A-tuned power chords and forget about the rest, but if you keep practicing everything you know and continut to learn more then it will not be a problem. I knew going into this purchase that I wanted a 7-string and I checked every single other brand out there that makes 7-strings and none compare. I recomend this guitar to anyone with a taste in very heavy metal. It would also do other genres, but with a guitar like this.

This is my third guitar (second if you dont count basses) and it is without a doubt the best guitar I have ever played. It is very light-weight and easy to handle. The hardware is custom B.C.Rich parts which means they will never die. The finish will not wear off unless you chip the guitar, and that is very hard to do (unless you beat it against a slab of concrete for a long duration of time. It still might not chip even then, this instrument is made as hard as a rock). The strap button are very well made and will not give way to any strap unless you intentionally remove it. My only problem with the strap buttons is the fact that the screws that were put in to hold them in place are too large to Switch with strap locks. Being that this is my only 7-string I would have to use it without a backup, but I would do so with great confidence and no worry.

Everything was set up perfectly except for the string setting. Floyd Rose is a big annoyance if you do not know how to set it up. I had no clue how to do it and managed to set it to hold heavy strings in about two hours. That is the only adjustment I have made and the only one that was nessecary. B.C.Rich makes a very good guitar and ships it with perfect setting.

- Agathis body - Maple Bolt-on Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard - Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo - Sealed BC Rich Tuners - 25.5" Scale Length - 24 Jumbo Frets - Dot Inlays - 2 BDSM Pickups - Black Hardware The only thing that I wanted on this guitar that it did not have was diamond inlays isntead of dots.

cheames
    this spec list is actually for the NJ series 7 string, not the platinum...
    Demonikk
    The hardware is custom B.C.Rich parts which means they will never die
    Erm... no it doesn't
    Can I quote you on that? With BC Riches (And pretty much any other pointy guitar) you almost just need to tap it on one of the spikes to get a chip.
    sic_riffs
    i like this guitar because i'm a metal player it would go perfect with my style
    restless_thrash
    Demonikk wrote: With BC Riches (And pretty much any other pointy guitar) you almost just need to tap it on one of the spikes to get a chip.
    Its a shame, but its true. Im losing all my spikes!