Platinum Pro 7 String Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
B.C. Rich: Platinum Pro  7 String Warlock

Its alright as far as tone goes I play mostly metal but it sounds kinda cloudy, I think it needs a pick me up in the Pickup department. I use Boss effects and Dunlop wah and a Marshall amp. Not noisy at all on the upside. It doesn't pick up the greatest harmonics either Pinch or bar. The tremolo isn't that easy to use.

The Music I play is black metal and it says it's made to rock and you could say it works well with that stly of music. I have been playing for around 5 years, I use Boss effects Dunlop Wah, and Marshall amps. I wish I had asked for a longer hardware warranty. I would only get another if I could find one with better pickups. I like the versatility of having 7 strings. I don't like the pickups or the Bolt on neck. I did not compare, I chose it because I liked the shape. I wish it had better pickups and neck through body design.

It's fairly reliable I would bring a backup though, it does well on stage but nothing amazing. The nut cracked after three months and I had to get it fixed. I changed out the strap buttons for Straplock so no problem there. I haven't noticed any problems with the paint job.

Action is good but not great, it's slightly high and I can't do sweeps that easily on it. The pickups are pretty well set. The main problem I had was the locking nut cracked and I had to have it repaired three months later. The bridge was in right but it's so tight it's not really fun to use.

It was made in 2005 and from what I hear it's been discontinued, Japan. I got 24 Super Jumbo frets with Seven Strings. Solid-top, with bolt on neck mahogany body with a maple neck and ebony fretboard. Black everything paint and hardware. It's a warlock, but it's kinda heavy for a guitar, around 10 pounds. it's got a double locking tremolo Floyd Rose with three four springs. Passive electro's, one volume and one tone plus a three way Switch. B\.C\. Rich pickups. With Schaller tuners, came with a Case.

b-rock34
    Ever seen a BC Rich Ironbird? I used to have one. Talk about spikes! I looked like I spike shooting out in every direction from my body...ridiculous. It was red. And yes, I thought I was a badass at the time.
    decayingdave
    Demonikk wrote: Can I quote you on that? With BC Riches (And pretty much any other pointy guitar) you almost just need to tap it on one of the spikes to get a chip.
    What are you on about? My band uses nothing but B.C. Riches (apart from the drummer, duuur...) and all of our gear is still in perfect un-chipped condition. Anyways, I'd like to get something like this for lead parts considering the guitar I've got noe is soooo dark.
    911josh8
    restless_thrash wrote: Demonikk wrote: With BC Riches (And pretty much any other pointy guitar) you almost just need to tap it on one of the spikes to get a chip. Its a shame, but its true. Im losing all my spikes!
    BAAAAAM me to... its sucks. over all its a pretty sweet guitar i wouldnt recomened it to any begginers tho.. o.O
    japanmom
    we had a house fire and i was wondering what a Platinum Pro 7 String Warlock would be worth now . since it is discontinued , and we cannot get one anymore