Platinum Pro ASM review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Pro ASM

Purchased from: KK

It sounds great. It has two top of the line B\.C\. Rich humbuckers. It can get very distorted or very clean. I only use the bridge pickup, but it sounds good clean in the neck position. I play all types of rock and this was the best guitar I could afford. It also picks up harmonics good. I use it through a Hughes And Kettner Edition Blue 60 watt amp with a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal.

I play all types of rock, and this guitar is great for rock. The only things I would change, if I could, are the inlays. Dot inlays are boring. If stolen, I would try to find another one. I have never seen another Platinum PRO ASM. But no one would ever steal it becuase I don't let it out of my sight. I was looking at others guitars like the Ibanez RG series, but I bought this one because it played better and was much cheaper. This guitar plays better because the pickups are great, the neck is fast, beacuse it is shaved, and it's easy to play because of the scalloped frets and I have the action extremely low. Even though the action is low, there has never been any fret buzz.

This guitar is perfect. I could play Live without a backup, it's that reliable. The strap has fallen off very few times in the half a year I have had it. The finish looks great. I believe it also comes in metallic black, but mine was metallic red. The finish will probably last a long time. I have hit this guitar on the walls way too many times, especially on the headstock, so there is quite a bit of paint missing on the tip of the headstock.

I bought mine used and the previous owner had scalloped the 12-24 frets. Also, he has sanded the paint off the neck. It had a couple of nicks, but other than that it was, and still is, in perfect condition. The locking nut keeps the guitar in tune great. The floyd rose bridge is excellent for dive bombs and such.

The B.C. Rich Platinum Pro Series Assassin ASM has been totally re-designed with Lic. Floyd Rose tremolo for those unreal dive bombs and of course a Widow Headstock on all but the B.C. Rich Assassin and Bich. Agathis bodies and Rosewood fingerboards with a rock maple bolt-on neck top it off and metallic red, black and tombstone finishes are now offered on most Platinum Pro models including the Assassin ASM.

Kev Dawg
    yeh i brought mine for 180 pretty lucky to find it, i love it, love the feel, wicked for metal, wicked clean its just an awsome all round guitar, if u see one cheap , get it