Platinum Pro Beast review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Pro Beast

I play this guitar through a Line 6 Uber Metal into a Marshall MG100HDFX. I play a LOT of metal, maybe a bit too much, and this guitar suits the genre perfectly and I don't say that because of it's looks. Honestly, in my own opinion, most B\.C\. Rich guitars are garbage and sound like crap, but this thing isn't like that. Most people don't know this but B\.C\. Rich stock pickups may all look the same and have the same name, but they differ from each other depending on what series the guitar is. The pickups on this baby sound beyond amazing for distorted music, especially metal, and rival the Kirk Hammet Active EMGs I have on my Jackson KE3 Kelly. You can pull off some seriously sick pinch harmonics, clean sounding solos, and sound good in really low tunings along with Standard. As an added bonus, they don't release much feedback and normally passive pickups have a lot of feedback. I tend to change the pickups on my guitars to EMGs, but I don't feel that I have to with this guitar cause of how good it already is. Unfortunately, the pickups are too hot and bright for Acoustic songs and such, so not a good guitar too use if you plan on playing a lot of clean music.

This guitar as I've said before is perfect for those who play metal. I've been playing for 2 and half years now and already have 11 guitars. I still have my starters a Squier Strat and a B\.C\. Rich Special Edition Bich, I have an Ibanez RG350DX and an Ibanez RG4EX1, two custom Strat copies I made by hand, a Dean Dime-O-Shadow, a Jackson KE3 Kelly, an Epiphone Les Paul Custom black, a Gibson Les Paul Custom black, and the B\.C\. Rich Platinum Pro Beast. As you can tell, I have a good lineup of other guitars to compare this one with. If it were stolen, I'd probably be pretty damn pissed cause I wouldn't be able to replace it cause its discontinued, I would end up buying an NT Beast. The only thing I'd change about this guitar is the inlays. Instead of dots, I'd was something like sharktooth inlays.

The Beast is great for Live play. I've used it for 7 performances now, two of which lasted more than an hour. The hardware still has no flaws and I've been using this guitar quite a lot for a year now. I have would never bring a back up for this guitar at a gig cause nothing goes wrong with it whatsoever no matter how long you play, it doesn't even go out of tune. Unfortunately, the finish isn't so great. My beast looks like it should be in a Vintage guitar museum. The hardware stays fine but the finish is too damn thin. Slightly knock it into something and you have a good scratch or dent.

The guitar's action wasn't that great and the bridge was too tense when I received the guitar, but then again, this thing was from guitar center and it was on the wall for awhile until a friend of mine who worked there gave it to me for free. After a few small adjustments from me, the action is now perfect and the bridge dives and raises smoothly. The pickups were perfectly placed, I didn't need to raise or lower them. Everything was fine with it besides the two tweaks to the action and bridge, which are just preferences of mine that I do to all my guitars. There were no flaws whatsoever with the Beast when I received it and there are none now.

I believe this guitar was made in 2004. Its Korean made. Its got 24 jumbo frets on a thin maple neck with rosewood fretboard. the finish is a nice metallic red that looks great on this guitar(would've preferred black). The body shape is obvious from the name. The bridge is licensed Floyd Rose that works a lot better and smoother that the ones on Dean dime signature and Jackson Kelly's. the pickups are B\.C\. Rich B.D.S.M passives. theres one volume, one tone, and a 3-way pick up selector. theres locking diecast tuners on it. not much else you could really ask for from a guitar of this type.

Kovigary
    PointBlanc wrote: Nice review, loads people were saying " They fall out of tune real easy " but they must have been jealous that I'm actually getting one and they aren't, lol. Thanx for the guidence dude
    Well yeah they were wrong this guitar never falls out of tune. At least mine won't if it's setup right, and after months it's still in perfect tune.
    stijnhendriks
    is this guitar good for Avenged Sevenfold and Metellica? or Linkin Park or Three Days Grace or something? maybe I'm going to buy this guitar, but what kind of amplifier do i need? thanks! (: