Platinum Pro Ironbird review by B.C. Rich

Purchased from: LA B.C. rich dealer

I play mostly 80's metal with screaming and harmonics. It's great for that, and also for numetal. When you drop this thing into d, it will wake the dead! It suits perfectly for any metal. If you play it through a clean channel you get that chunky blues sound. I use a pyramid 900d amp with a DigiTech Hot Rod Distortion box. With high gain situations, you need to know your stuff, or it won't sound right. But once you get the hang of playing this big bastard it is absolutely amazing. There are some cons though, it's front heavy so when you put a strap on it and stand up it tends to lean toward the head. And as all floyd rose tremolos they dont stay in tune very well when you drop the tuning and let it sit for awhile.

Like I said I've been playing it for about 8 months and it's perfect. Humbuckers are definitely the way to go for metal of any type. If you have a good distortion unit and a good amp, this guitar will dessimate all. Beginners beware though, this guitar's harmonics are very complex. No one will be dissapointed with this B\.C\. Rich Platinum Pro Ironbird. Never stop playing and rock on!

If I were playing a gig the only thing I would bring would be an allen wrench to make minor adjustments to the tremolo. Apart from that it's super reliable, I've been playing it about 8 months now and it's shown no signs of wear or and type of fatigue. The only thing you have to be careful of is how you handle it. Because of the many points on it you have to be careful not to chip it. I played a gig not long ago, and I stole the show from my band because of the sheer shape of it. I'm telling you; this is the metalhead's guitar.

Everything was unbelieveable from the factory, it came with B\.C\. Rich strings (which i highly reccomend)which, miraculously were almost perfectly in tune. I thought I would have to get a bunch of stuff set up on it but the only thing that needed set up was the floyd rose tremolo. Apart from that it's just a manner of getting aquainted with the shape. Before purchasing this i had a Strat, and let me tell you, it was quite an adjustment because of the shape of it. But once I got used to it, it was like an extension of my body.

- Made in korea - 24 frets - lam. top - 3 way selector - 3 separate volume knobs for the three pickup settings - h/h pick-up configuration - stock B\.C\. Rich pickups - rosewood fretboard, mahogany body - gloss black finish

Cpt. FLue
    jjway2cool
    n e b.c. rich guitar under $700 i have played n they all suck major balls aint played dis one yet it seems ok tho
    metal Lover
    metal Lover
    dio_dude
    metal Lover wrote: I love the old school Ironbirds. I was thinking getting a NJ series red one. like Trey from Morbid Angel used to play.
    yes. i would too. although i would be happy just to own one
    restless_thrash
    Sgt-Mihaly
    restless_thrash wrote: metal Lover wrote: Cpt. FLue wrote: if you say this is 10 all the way through then you have never played on an ESP! they're so much better.. trust me.. I guarantee you've never played an 80's made BC Rich. Most are better than any ESP on the market. Can you say class axe production? lol Anyway, the ironbird looks cool. Too bad they cut back.
    Class Axe had nothing to do with B.C. Rich, the MAKER swapped companies, that's it. Stfu.
    thenamelessno7
    i am considering getting a bc rich ironbird one guitar, it is a bit different from this 1 but i was just wondering if any1 could tell me if it is just a metal guitar or if it could play all different types of music. it uses the bc rich bdsm humbucking pickups, if u could help me i would b greatful