Platinum Pro Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Pro Warlock

It suit's my music styles fine. Which is mainly metal and hard rock music, but I have an interest in funk and jazz and it sounds just fine, and it gets me by with classical guitar but only because I have not got a second gutiar. I run it through a Peavey Envoy 110 with an MT-2 Boss metal zone and the distortion sounds great. It can get noisy when left unattended but that can be fixed by turning down the volume a bit. I think it can get a variety of sounds and sounds great when doing dive bombs.

I play a variety of thing and this suit's me juuust fine. I own a Peavey Envoy 110 with a MT-2 Boss metal zone. I wish I got a Jackson instead. If this were stolen or lost I would buy a Jackson V, but only because I like trying different things and I believe in not getting 2 of the same brand. I love the shape of this guitar, it's so radical looking, but I hate rosewood fingerboards. My favourite feature is the Floyd Rose for those awesome divebombs. I walked into the store when I knew nothing about guitar, and was choosing between this and a Dean, I was being rushed to but overall I am happy with it, it is decent for beginning. I wish it had a maple neck, mahogany body, and 2 EMG'Z.

I think this would withstand Live playing just fine. The hardware definitely looks solid and built to last. The strap buttons are solid and have never come loose or fell off. I think I may consider a backup but only because I am that kind of person and wouldn't do anything without a backup just incase. I think the finish is a little poor. I have 2 minor chips in it from nocking it so I think the kinda did a bob jenkins on the paintjob.

The guitar action setup was terrible and had to by adjusted, way to high for me. The pickups were fine and required no modification from me at all. I had had the guitar looked over by my teacher and he said it was all fine. I think the only thing I can complain about with this guitar is the wood. BC Rich are cheap with their wood and agathis feels terrible to me, but it is none the less a great guitar.

I didn't ask where it was made or when at the time of purchasing, it's my first guitar so I didn't really bother. 24 Jumbo Frets, Rosewood fingerboard. Tombstone grey finish. Warlock Body. Floyd Rose. 2 B.D.S.M Humbuckers.stock. Locking Tuners. I Got a whammy bar with it.

Fat Boy Phil
    I've owned B.C Rich guitars before, but they just never sounded right. some were producing a wierd twang out of the strings even when i changed them and had the guitar looked at by pros. The best guitar for all around use is a good ol' Les Paul. They are completly dependable and sound great too. By the way I am NOT a Gibson sales rep, nor Epiphone.