Platinum Pro Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Pro Warlock

Purchased from: pawn

It suits metal perfectly! It makes great squeals, bends, and the wide fret board makes it perfect for soloing. I use any amp that's near me and a DOD grunge pedal with it, but it sounds great on pretty much any thing! But if I had to choose, I would go with a decent Marshall stack and a Boss Sound Effects Processor, and if you like add in a good distortion then you don't really need the Sound Effects Processor. But this guitar does great on palm muting, it has just the perfect amount of fuzz to hold in some great sounds.

Honestly one of my favorite aspects of this guitar is the body shape. There are so many different ways to play this guitar its awesome! I've been playing for like 4 years now, but I practice like 6 hours a day. If it were stolen... I would definitely buy a new one! If it were broken (which is highly unlikely because this guitar is built like a tank)I would buy a new one. But altogether its an amazing guitar definitely worth spending money on!

This guitar I perfect for anyone who is serious about metal. But if some rich boy gets mommy and daddy to buy it for him and doesn't know what to do with it... Then that's just wasted talent. The neck is strong and I honestly don't think its possible to warp it. The pot is one of my favorite parts of this guitar, but there is one drawback. Its almost impossible to find a replacement pot for this guitar, it uses really a really small pot for some reason so all pots have to be personally ordered through the net.

well I didn't buy it brand new. But when I first got it, it had horrible action but I think that's due to some oaf messing around with stuff he didn't know about. Bc Rich has always been a reliable company though so if anything messes up on it they will probably help you, and plus its such a popular guitar that I'm pretty sure there is someone out there that can help you.

I don't know what year it was made. It has 24 frets. Mine is actually custom made into a 7 string (boy that took a while) The finish is strong and I have yet to put a mark on it.It has great pickup selection, you can choose from 2 hum-bucking pickups or both. Its strong, dependable, and always sounds great. My only problem... a case. I don't have one so I'm gonna have to make a stand for it.

GenerationKILL
    A high end BC rich is no comparison to a high end Ibanez. The price tag says it all, if it was only 700-800 bucks its still not studio (or pro worthy.) Good mid price range guitar, thats about it. My moneys' on an ibanez for the same amount of money though.
    GenerationKILL
    ive only played for two yars and ican do all the tricks in the book and ive been crappin songs out for a year.
    No, you can't.
    Reaper/chaos
    Yea all the people who think their tough $hit just becuase you got a couple of years under your belt... well honestly one of the best guitarists in the world Randy Rhoads (R.I.P.) said that he would go and learn from guitar teachers even if he was better. guitar is one of the instruments in the world that you can always get better at, thats one of the reasons i play it. Either way if all your trying to do is get better at guitar.... then you shouldnt even be playing it... you defeat the whole purpose of playing guitar, YOU PLAY GUITAR TO MAKE MUSIC!
    Jfischl
    GenerationKILL wrote: Been playing for 15 years and I still consider myself a student of the guitar. Only *****s who are too cool for school think they've "mastered" a musical instrument.
    I totally agree with you. Hopefully most guitarists get that misplaced ego beaten out of them (metaphorically) within a few years... I know I did... several times.