Platinum Pro Zombie review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
B.C. Rich: Platinum Pro Zombie

Purchased from: Guitar Villa

I play metal and this guitar really doesn't do it for me. The sound is awesome, but for some reason I just don't like they way it plays. The other guitarist in my band loves it though and I let him use it for recording and shows. So I guess it's just me. When me and my guitarist play with it, we use a DigiTech Grunge pedal and a clean amp. It sounds great. It has a very full sound with little to no feedback. This guitar can suit many styles of music ranging from a low death metal pitch (that we use) to a standard Led Zeppelin sound.

Like I said before my band plays good old downtuned heavy metal. This guitar is a good match because the low pitches do not get muffled at all. I have been playing guitar for 3 years now. The other electric guitars I own are an Epiphone Special II, and a Schecter C1 Hellraiser. Looking back, I really wish that I had tested this guitar out more than I did. I most definitely would've gotten something different. And if it were lost or stolen I would definitely buy something better. The only thing that I like this guitar for moreso than my others is the shape. It is definitely one of the coolest looking guitars out there! And the only thing that I really hate is playing with it while you sit down. The spikes go right into your chest and leg which is very uncomfortable. I'd have to say my favorite feature is the tremolo bar. As much as I hate the thing, it does allow for more sounds. Basically, if you want a guitar that is good for the money get this one. If your looking for a guitar that won't give you frustration and anger, keep looking. While this is a good quality guitar, I feel that B.C. Rich was slacking a bit when they manufactured this one.

My guitarist has played several live shows with this guitar and has never had an issue with it. All the hardware seems to be very sturdy, but the strap buttons are kinda small. So small that every strap I own falls off as soon as you stand up. Other than that though, this is a very dependable guitar for playing live. I always bring a backup guitar, but with this instrument I don't think I will ever be needing it.

Well the guitar I have now is actually my third one. The first two I got had defects on the neck and were unplayable. This one though, is fine and I have had no problems. The pickups were set a bit high, but that was easily fixed. All the fixtures on it came fine (even on the flawed ones). The only major flaw with this guitar is that if you downtune, you have to set the tremolo bridge extremely low which leaves the strings very close to the fret board. Because of this, all 6 strings buzz on the frets but this does not affect the sound of the guitar when it is plugged in.

The Zombie is the newest B.C. Rich model. Like all B.C. Rich's it was made in Korea. It has 24 jumbo frets. Solid-top. The body is mahogony and the fret board is rosewood. It is available in red, yellow, silver, and black. All colors have a glossy finish. Like most B.C. Rich's it has an odd body style. It's pretty hard to describe. It has a floyd rose bridge, 2 active humbucker pickups, 2 volume knobs, a tone knob, and a 3-way pickup switch. The pickups are just the standard B.C. Rich. It has locking Grover tuners. It comes with the tremolo bar and a 3 foot cord.

rollingstones
    this guitar looks pretty bad ass. Im gonna go to the music store in my town and check it out. odds are ill probably end up buying it lol. Thanks alot man. Rock on guys \m/(..)\m/
    AngryGuitarist
    NoneMoreBlack wrote: Gibson owns You all. Now, I must go buy a les Paul.
    yea....i've played gibsons many times, and i'ev even had the chance to buy one, but i turned the les paul down, they are only expensive because of their NAMES, just face it, all custom shop guitars are expected to be goof, hence they are a thousands of dollars... i've played a 600 dollar ibanez Sz720 and it plays just as good as a 2000 dollar guitar any day ....
    AngryGuitarist
    broken_strings wrote: i don't care what youse say. i like its looks and i'll never have the money to buy it
    hey man if thats what you want go for it dude
    DragginSlayer20
    I own the Platinum Pro Zombie In red And a Platinum Pro ASM In Silver Metallic And I've Got to say that both of them are the best guitars on the planet as far as versatility. playability and sound goes, B.C.Rich is more for your money!!!
    AngryGuitarist
    pfricky98 wrote: gibson does own all. yes they are thousands of dollars, but they hold their value and even go up in value over the years. an ibanez will not. so you might spend 2000 dollars, but in 10 years it is very possible that your gibson will double in value if kept in prestine condition.
    ...false...
    HammettHead wrote: Mah Gibson are all bark, little bite. Jackson/Ibanez/ESP is the way forward... But back on topic that guitar looks nice, shame about the impracticality.
    s true, but add ibanez in there, they are virtually the best guitar for the price no matter what, an 1000 dollar gibson is not worth it, i've played them many times, like i've said,... nobody should question my professional ability
    amorebelladonna
    AngryGuitarist : NoneMoreBlack wrote: Gibson owns You all. Now, I must go buy a les Paul. yea...right.... i've played gibsons on many occasions and i KNOW they are only expensive because of their name GIBSON on the headstock. Custom shop guitars are expected to be nice hence they are thousands of dollars. i've played an ibanez Sz720 and its just as good as big and bad "gibson" if not better..
    Gibsons are worth their price although they are very expensive, and B.C. Riches really suck, it seems to me that they use the shittiest wood, and they have horrible pups, I have a b.c. rich and the volume pots went out like a month after i bought it. These guitars are just made for metal, so i can see why they use them, because by the sound of metal, they dont give a damn about tone.
    theusedsk8er
    I would never ever buy this, an AGATHIS body...wow, with an LFR, thats going to be horrible.
    Swamplord
    I always liked the spikes and shit that B.C. Rich use on their guitars. They're good looking. But on some, like this one, they do go too far.
    HammettHead
    villisca
    I have this guitar, and the writer pretty much got it 100% right. I have the same thoughts and issues with it that he does.
    Forcemaster
    Maverick66 wrote: Yeah B.C. Rich sucks.....Bull,ever heard of a guy by the name of Kerry King? Slayer? bassmonkey16 said it right "just like any other brand, theres crappy ones and theres good ones"
    Yes, but most artists who use BC rich use custom shop models, which actually play good.
    Fate_of_Man
    [quote]Fate_of_Man wrote: Sound was good but the neck was to wide, it was round so I could not slide well, Sorry i mint to say rough, so i couldnt play fast on it
    Fate_of_Man
    B.C. Rich manly focuses on looks, they get some good sound out of there high end models. But I have played one and after about 30 minutes I couldn't stand it, Sound was good but the neck was to wide, it was round so I could not slide well, It felt like I pulled out my right shoulder because you have to reach around so far to just pick the thing. I dont like it but thats just me, I know a couple of guys that stand by em.
    system_down
    b.c. rich are the best guitars out there. mine is so mean. they look awesome, sound great and all up they're just sexy guitars!!!!!
    Axis Of Evil
    I agree with Macerick66. Especially pointing out Kerry King. Saying BC Rich sucks is saying Kerry King sucks. And them are fightin' words right there. Every guitar company has good guitars and crappy ones.
    Maverick66
    gign
    I'm confused as to whether the writer, or the little intro has its facts straight. The little intro says an Agathis body, while the review says mahogany, thats a pretty big difference.
    Rattlehead.90
    Nice look...but thats all BC Rich's are ultimately, its all look. The classic series plays well though, aswell as looking nice.
    B.C. Rich Fan
    looks liek i'm the only one here who actually likes b.c. riches from the looks of my name. i'll probably like this one too. plus batman on a guitar is freakin awsome.
    bassmonkey16
    i like my bc rich. just like any other brand, theres crappy ones and theres good ones. mine, it's good. non-versatile, but makes every sound that i want it to, all within the metal and rock genres.
    WCS_Is_Worse1
    My Dad went out and got A B.C. Rich-beast and it sucks and i would figure this guitar is the same maybe even worse and the pointy sides always dig into your sides