Platinum Pro Zombie review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Pro Zombie

Purchased from: Local Store

I play hard rock and heavy metal, this guitar is almsot perfect for those styles. You can't get a clean tone on it. These guitars sound best with lots of distortions. I usually use a Hughes And Kettner amp with either the distortion channel or a Boss BluesDriver of Zakk Wylde overdrive all work well. It is not a noisy guitar but lots of little nuuences are picked up. It is extremely good at getting all kinds or harmonics (natural, pick etc) and is great at doing whammy bar dive bombs and squeels, better than any other guitar I've ever played. The only downside is that is you seek a cleaner tone you can't get it.

I play all rock styles and soem blues but mainly hard rock and heavy metal and this guitar suits the latter two perfectly, especially metal cause not only does it sound metal, it looks it. I ahve been playing for a year and a half and this is one of my two electric guitars and three acoustics. This is the best guitar I have and the best out of all my friends (Les Paul and SG Epiphones). If it were stolen I would definently replace it, I'd be tempted to try somethign new because hteres so much I want but this guitar is all I need. I love the shape and sound of it, I hate the lower spiek becasue if you dotn sit properly it can dig into your leg. The floyd rose tremolo is my favourite feature because you can do really good squeals with it. I chose this over an Epiphone SG or a Fender Strat because it looked way better and felt so much better to play. I jsut wish it had better pickups, this is a great guitar.

I've played several Live gigs, covered it in sweat, and dropped it several times. Occasionally screws do come loose (such as on the whammy bar) and you will need to tighten it inturnally to stop it from comign undone otherwise the hardware will last. The strap buttons are solid. It has a floyd rose tremolo so I wouldn't use it without backup just incase a string broke but I woudl realy on the hardware definently. The finish has lasted me the whole.

The action was farley well but I had to adjust it, I had no idea that a floyd rose woudl be so difficult to manage. The bridge pickup was too high and so the strings were set up high to ensure the whammy bar would not brign the strings into contact with the pickup. The bridge and pickup had to be lowered. This guitar buzzes easily if the strings are lowered, so you gota get things perfect for it to work good however the buzz doesnt't come through the amp. Despite this the action is extremely good to play, easy on the fingers, can play fast, shred and bend easily.

This was made in Korea and was in one of the first shipments to Melbourne Australia. It has 24 Jumbo Frets over a Rosewood Fretboard. The body and neck are Mahogony. It is availiable in a Glossy Black or Silver finish. It has a very unique B.C. Rich shape, the bottom looks like it has a heart shape cut out while each side has a spike on top. It has a liscensed floyd rose tremolo bridge. It comes with two Standard B.C. Rich humbucker pickups at the neck and bridge. It has 3 volume controls and a 3 way selector. It comes with locking Grover tuners. Mine only came with the whammy bar.

pigeonkicker
    My friend has this guitar and has one of the most uncomfortable bodies i've ever played on.
    Armagedden66
    BC Rich Guitars are a bit to shall we say "pointy" for me, its pretty awkward for me to play
    warrenguitar
    Perfect guitar aside from the action, bit disappointed there. Would have this guitar for ever! Well done BC Rich!!!
    daveduran
    hey i just got a twbsto warbeast and sound is great. it plays fine and i have yet to encounter a problem
    HelloHalo
    IMO, BC Rich is all looks. and before you say "Kerry King", he plays a custom shop guitar. If you're gonna order a custom guitar, you better be sure it's not crap.
    cultofthedamned
    to be honest this is the best guitar in the bc range trust me i collect bc rich's and the zombie is fantastic it has great sound great feel great to use on stage great look and it work perfectly with the boss metal core and digital delay pedals and the ronald cube 60 great for playing cradle of filth, arch enemy, dark tranquillity, dimmu borgir and metallica songs and riffs
    thirdeye_15
    i love it, droppeder to C sounds like a fukin evil instrument, definelty a stand up playin guitar, sitting is painful but fukn fun shiiit
    grimshredder
    Like i said in the Mockingbird review, anyone who thinks that b.c. rich sucks...YOU CAN BITE ME!!!!
    Weapon-God
    Bc RICH has the best metal guitars ever. I love this one, I play on it often but when im learning i'am sitting and learning a song I use my doc murdock because this one hurst to your chest and legs
    bruiseofsociety
    **** les pauls, **** people who think theyre god, theyre like guns and roses, everyone likes them cuz they feel they'll be left out if they dont
    saintjimmy99
    dude stfu, first act makes some of the best guitars out there, get the fu ck out of walmart and look for 'em.
    nutinELSEmaters
    i have a bc rich, it sucks in comparison to my esp and epiphone. bc rich warlock. esp AX400. epiphone sg
    The_wasted_soul
    B.C. Rich is all right but i prefer ESP and Rogue over it. And BTW Thunderstrucked Dean KICKS ASS!!!
    nickdude
    lawl, bc rich are balls, they're shit, ESP SV and Jackson RR1/RR5, those are real metal guitars, oh, and kerry ****in sucks, worst guitarist ever, hanneman owns him
    E V H 5150
    All throughout Spanish class, I just draw guitars. And when I actually get to building one (provided I can get the money for materials) it will sound and look much better than any B.C. Rich, although I do admire them for not copying the Strat, the Tele or the Les Paul (which in reality, the LP is just an over-glorified Telecaster knockoff) body styles.
    Hammett5
    Terrify_Dmac wrote: sweetest guitar i have ever played.
    Haha you only must have played that B.C. Rich and a first act. Lawl
    Hammett5
    Thunderstrucked wrote: B.C. Rich sucks, Gibson, Jackson, and ESP are way better. (Dean sucks too)
    I agree with you on all fronts except the deans .. I have a dean vendetta 3.0 and thats not even a dimebag series model and I love it.. On the other Hand I have a Gibson flying V which I love to death but thats not the point.. The point is Deans are awesome
    Hammett5
    Maverick66 wrote: Yeah B.C. Rich sucks.....Bull,ever heard of a guy by the name of Kerry King? Slayer? bassmonkey16 said it right "just like any other brand, theres crappy ones and theres good ones"
    Ya but Kerry King's sound sucks so bad live.. It's terrible.. Honestly..
    numbetica
    iv got the bc rich nj series zombie with a neck thru design adn it is absolutely awesome and really versatile the earier series of zombie were crap but the nj is utter godliness