Platinum Virgin review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Virgin

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

This guitar suits my style of music (hard rock/metal/rock/classic rock/ 80's metal/ acoustic/ jazz/ and many more! because this guitar has amazing action and it works to any style of playing like no body's buisness. I am using this guitar with a Line 6 spider 2, and the pick up that come with this guitar a'rent bad, i wouldnt mind switching em for some emgs or seymour duncans, but i'll do with what i got. The guitar is noisy (in a great way), this guitar can rock out or play as nice as u need it to be, the down side is if you use way to much dirt, you get a real low beefy feedback, which isint pleasent like a high one. The sound of the guitar is more of a metalish/ hard rock/ modern rock kind of sound, but it works well with thrash playing, and if u play on ur neck pick up with half tone and set to jazz setting on ur amp that will work to but only for solos really. You can make what ever you want out of this guitar, this guitar sounds really great in d, or lower, but still sounds good in standard, you can make a pretty big rock variety but not that much else of n e thing else, unless u change the pick ups, or mess around with ur amp for a while. Thrash, Metal, Grunge, Hard rock, and Modern rock are what I would recommend this guitar for.

This is a great match for the style I play, I've been playing for 2 years now, I own a 1971 4 bolt american Strat, and a 1979 traynor full stack. I wish I had asked if it was top heavy or not, this guitar is. I would buy it again and wouldnt hesistate either. I love everything about it, I hate that its top heavy, my favourite feature is the cool guitar design, I didn't compare it, but I do like it better than the Epiphone G-400's whcih range around the same price, I wish it had nothing more, nothing else to share.

This guitar withstands live playing very well, and the hardware is still standing strong, but the tone control is seeming to become wobbly, the finish is still really good, ya strap button at good, I can depend on it, and I would use it in a gig with out back up.

The action on this guitar is one of the best I've player, I will never give this guitar up for anything, and the only wear and tear I noticed were paint wears on the top of the points, from rubbin on the box, the picks ups were also very well adjusted and i still havent changed them. the bridge is routed rite. The only flaw that came witht he guitar was the one paint wear but that was it everything else sounded great.

Made in 2003, Korea, 24 frets, Solid-top, 1 volume control, 2 way pick up selector, 2 tone controls, 2 BDSM humbuckers, Chesswood body and Hard maple neck, rosewood fretboard, finish in black, body style - bcrich styled?, bridge style - string-thru body piercing, tuners- sealed diecast bc rich, neck scale - bolt on with neck plate, jumbo frets, scale - 25.5", dot inlay, cable included, gig bag and cases offered.