Platinum Virgo review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Virgo

Purchased from: Local Music store

I play alot of different music. This guitar delivers shimmering chords and hard-edged lead riffs. Through my Supra destortion and Morley Clasic-wah pedles this guitar can deliver the goods. It's taken me through everything from GN'R to Led Zeppelin, and I couldn't ask for more. It does get a little noisy in very high gain places. I personally havent had a problem with it, but if your looking for a high-gain guitar, look for something else. Not that the noise is that terrable, but there are guitars that are much better suited for high gain in the same price range.

When I saw this guitar hanging in the music store, I was blown away by it's looks. I have a classic taste in style, but I can never pass up adding a little bit of edge to my personal items (that's why I put EMG pickups in my Squire friends thought I was nuts). I must say that I love how this guitar plays, and how the rail pickup adds a nice detail, it gives the virsitility that makes it so great to me. And if it were stolen, I would have to buy another Virgo, hunt down the man (or woman, so I'm not sexist) that stole my guitar, and beat them over the head with my old squire untill they gave my giutar back, then I have two Virgos, and a broken Squire Strat, anybody up for stealing my Virgo?

This guitar is built like a tank. Everything about it's construction is great. As I said before, the paint does wear on the bridge. But that is not a mechanical flaw. I have played many gigs without a backup, mainly because I'd rather be done playing than seen on stage with my other guitar (fake cough) Squire (ease up, it was my first guitar). But I have and will continue to depend on this guitar, and will continue to use it without a backup even if I end up with a nicer guitar.

This guitar was set up just how I like it, low fast action. The paint job is definatly made for stage work. The colored edges give the guitar a three-demensional look to the onlookers. Sadly, stage paint jobs are made to be seen from a distance, not up close. The pain does slightly stray from the sides, and the paint on the bridge has began to wear off. But in all fairness, I play with alot of palm-mutes. For those guitarests like me, look for chrome hardware.

These are the technical specs. I must admit that I don't know too much about the features of the guitars I play. So hopefully this suplies you with any Info you may need to know. - Body: agathis - Neck: maple bolt-on - Fingerboard: ebony - Bridge: adjustable - Tuners: sealed BC Rich - Frets: 25.5" scale 24 jumbo - Inlays: vampire skull (3rd & 12th fret) - Pickups: 1 BSDM & 1 Single Rail design pickup - Hardware: black.