Platinum Virgo review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Virgo

Purchased from: Music Go Round

This guitar is perfect for heavy metal. Awesome metal guitar. I play heavy like Metallica, Disturbed, Godsmack, Alice in Chains, God Forbid, Judas Priest, it all works out. I have a Roland Cube 60 which produces perfect heavy distortion. It's got all te bass, treble, mid, and a presence knob to find your favorite distortion and this guitar produces it beautifully.

I've been playing for 3 years. Born into Heavy Metal. That's almost all I play. I also own a B.C. Rich Beast too! I want to actually get another with a different paint job. I wouldn't want o change anything on it. I love all of it. It's different, not many players have a B.C. Rich Platinum Virgo! I highly recomend this for metal players.

I'd love to play this Live, but don't know when the chance will come up. It's nice man, and if you take care of your stuff, it'll last you longer, I take good care of it. It'll last me for a long time. using it on a gig without a back-up? I don't know if I could do that with any guitar cause you never know when you'll need another guitar there, but, I'd trust this one, I'd do it!

This comes with a double humbucker pick-up deal and another odd looking thing. Most of you have probably seen one, it's a pickup, that's smaller like a single coil, but is as just as good as two! Like I said before, it was customized a little when I got it, that person did a nice job. But, B.C. Rich does a hell of a job anyway. I know that if I would've got this guitar from the facroty that I'd love it just as much. Nice action, perfect, and I love how B.C. Rich guitars tilt their necks and makes the strings closer to the neck, mush easier to play!

I'm a big B.C\. Rich fan, I'm very satisfied with this guitar. I bought it used at a store called Music Go Round. 24 frets, and some sweet as Hell inlays on the 3rd and 12th frets, two evil looking skulls that match the whole guitar. I was told that the guitar was somewhat customized before it was sold to them. The Virgo usually features some type of inlay on the normal frets. This one is black and finished around the edges with white. I'd say it is a cross between a Beast and a Virgin. With a similar body style to a Virgin, despise the huge cut-out in the body and it's wings are not as 'sharp' and more evened out. This guitar also features the same headstock as a Beast. Mahogany body and maple neck is the way to go. Jumbo frets, a volume, a tone knob and Switch. I'm not a huge fan of Tune-O-Matics or floyd rose set ups, that's why I like this more, the strings go through the body.