Platinum Virgo review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Virgo

Purchased from: Griggs Mudic

This guitar fits my music style perfectly. The stuff that I play is melodic Death Metal like In Flames Dark Tranquility and Arch Enemy. But I did Switch the pickups in it the old ons sounded just fine. The new pick ups I got are a 57' Classic Plus Gibson Pickup in the Bridge Position and a Seymour Duncan Hot rail in the Neck and it sounds great. Right now I am running it through a Krank Revolution Head and a Orange Cab with a Zakk Wylde Wah and a Whammy. This guitar is quieter than a mouse gettin it's head chopped off, and that's quiet. The guitars sound is realy cool one of a kind. The neck pickup has a lot of mid range and a realy creamy sound to it good for leads and if you like to sweep pick. Now the neck pickup on this is a bad boy it is a high output humbucker but not to hot you know it is just perfect. Another alteration I did to this guitar was I installed graphite sddles and a graphite nut and that just makes it sound even better.

I play heavy metal this guitar is perfect for any type of music. What I love about this guitar is the sound and how good it plays. The one thing I hate is the huge strap buttons because they poke the shit out of me. And if this guitar was lost I would find it if it where stolen I would hunt the guy (or chick) down and kick his mother lovein ass. I had this guitar for like 1 year and uhh 1/2 and I would put it up there with the 1000 dollar Ibanez'S and Jacksons.

Oh yeah this guitar can stand live playing and the hardware will last this thing is a monster but is is actualy one of the lightest guitars I have ever picked up. The strap buttons on this are huge so you don't have to worry about getting locks and I already do use it without a back up guitar durring gigs.

The action on this guitar when I bought it was great and it didn't even buzz anywhere. The fret work is awesome this guitar came flawless until those little bas***ds chiped the head stock a little bit and I still got it because this guitar just plays so good. But one thing is that it is Kind of hard to get up to the last frets but I work around that.

The Virgo was introduced in 2004. I bought a new 2005 model wich is made in Korea. The Virgo has 24 jumbo frets at 25.5" scale, with an ebony fingerboard. This guitar has a mahogany body, with master volume and tone controls, and a 3-way toggle Switch. Tuners are BC Rich sealed tuners, the bridge pickup is a humbucker, while the neck is a rail. The Tune-O-Matic bridge is very easy to use and ajust. This provides the guitar with a flexablity that is not found in other BC Rich guitars. It also as these really cool inlays they are like little red blood drops and the features on this guitar is one of the reasons I got it.

Inspir3d
    I'm looking for a guitar in this price range, the look of the guitar caught my eye, but i was worried about the specs. Glad to see UG has some decent reviews on it. If I do purchase the virgo, I'll be using it for rythm, maybe a little lead, and it seems like it would work well for the sound i'm looking for. Nothing too noisy, but definately some distortion. Looks like it's time to shop around. Thanks for the great reviews.
    RevolutionRock
    There's only one word to describe this guitar: amazing. I bought the special edition, silver plated with a black trim, and the quality of the guitar is great. Surprisingly enough, the clean sound is very nice, too, one of the best for a BC Rich. At first, the "strap holders" are loose if you play with them too much, but if you use a screwdriver and simply tighten, they will be tight forever. I highly recommend this guitar for any guitar player who wants looks and quality.
    EpiExplorer
    Cant fault a Rich for its looks.. except maybe the widow. But still, screams like a virgin ;D
    s1th1s
    I've got the special edition with barbed wire fretwork. It sounds the way it looks: just beautiful