Platinum Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Warlock

Purchased from: www.music123.com

I play mostly metal, anything ranging from classic heavy metal on standard tuning to death metal on as low as B. I use it on a Marshall 10-watter and Digitech effects unit, and the sound I get is absolutely unbelievable. This is one of the best guitars I've played when it comes to heavy, raw metal. The humbuckers put out a tone that would make your innards implode. The clean tone leaves much to be desired however, but it doesnt sound too bad with the right effects. If you want a guitar primarily for metal, I would recommend this one.

The guitar is perfect for my style of music. I've heard a lot of people complaining about BC Rich's but I find that this guitar is highly underrated. If this guitar was stolen from me, I would probably buy a Warlock again, but this time, possibly a higher-end one, since I bought this when i was pretty much a beginner. The guitar just looks so wonderfully evil and plays so smoothly. Given the choice of this guitar over any Fender Strat, I would choose the Warlock. I do wish it had a locking tremolo bridge and tuning locks, but the bridge on this makes palm-muting unbelievably easy.

The guitar is very reliable and durable. I feel I could literally chop down a tree with this axe... but I won't. Mind the headstock though, I have chipped it a bit, on a fairly soft hit. But the body is rock-solid in comparison to some other guitars. Honestly, I've been using the strings for a very long time without changing them, mainly because I never felt the need to. Almost a year down the line, the guitar plays as good as it does when I first bought it. One complaint is that the strap hooks are at the back of the guitar, and heavy as it is, it falls down quit easily. I would recommend a strap with locks on it. As far as dependability goes, I would use this guitar throughout a gig wihtout a backup, as long as I don't have to change tunings during my set.

Everything about the guitar is amazing. The finishing is smooth, the paint job is excellent. The strings and fretboard are of high-quality. No complaints here.

This is a model 2003 Platinum Series Warlock. It's got 24 Jumbo frets, with the killer Black Widow headstock. It's got BDSM pickups on an H/H config with a 3 way Switch, an individual volume knob for each pickup and a tone knob. The neck is made of Rosewood, and the body's made of Agathis, which honestly, is pretty damn heavy. The bridge is a non-locking tremolo bridge, which makes changing tuning a pain, but the guitar rarely goes out of tune once I've managed to set it down.