Platinum Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Warlock

Purchased from: Friend

I play alot of classic metal like Slayer and new stuff like Lamb Of God and it fits my style. I use 2 amps a Marshall MG30 and an Ibanez TB50 sounds good out of both of them. The pickups are noisy, muddy and have crap for high end so I'm switching to an EMG KFK set (81/85 with the 20db gain boost Switch). It actually has a decent clean sound to it and decent low end distortion w/the stock pickups.

It matches my style perfectly the only thing I'd rather have is either a BC Rich or an ESP KKV (played them both and loved them). I own an Ibanez GRX22 and a Fender Cyclone and this is by far my favorite of the 3, if someone stole it I'd cut them. I did compare it to the KKV's and I'd rather have one of those but I was low on $ and I needed a new guitar.

It will withstand live playing the junk trem is gonna go a floyd rose is going in, straplocks are a must but this thing will easily handle countless gigs I wouldn't be concerned playing it without a backup.

The action is perfect for me 24 fret blazing fast thin neck (better than Ibanez Wizard/Wizard 2's) jumbo frets, 3 piece maple neck rosewood fretboard everything about it flawless deffinately a 5.

BC Rich Platinum series Warlock. I don't know the year but it's older because it isn't string-thru, it' a non-locking trem. 3 piece maple 24 fret blazing fast neck, agathis body, 2 BDSM humbuckers, 3-way switching (changing the pickups to EMG 81/85). BC Rich tuners (crap)nice hardshell case. 2 Vol, 1 tone knobs.