Platinum Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Warlock

Purchased from: Holiday music

Well BC rich are supposed to be good when it comes to producing the metal sounds, I think that this guitar has a great tone. When used with distortion it can be pretty mean even with just basic distortion effects. It also has a very warm round clean tone something I didn't expect. I have a simple set up with a 20 watt Peavey amp and a FAB distortion pedal. Normally I don't use the pedal and just use the amps overdrive as it still gives a tone easily good enuff for heavy metal. From my experience the guitar isnt noisy and doesnt't have any sound flaws. I can say it would sound excellent on a more powerful amp. The harmonics on the guitar are very good and doing pinch harmonics is easy. As far as range goes you could use it for anything given the right settings on the guitar and your personal settings but due to the way it looks I don't think playing country would be a good idea.

I've been playing for about 8 months now and got this 4 months in. my first electric was 40 (yes that's not a typo), and very much a beginners guitar. This guitar is perfect for the intermediate player and can easily be a great guitar for a pro. I have no regrets about this guitar because apart from the fact that it plays very well and sounds great, in my opinion it looks amazing. I love the warlock shape. My only gripe is that with it's 25.5" neck and widow headstock it's a pretty big thing. Luckily my gig bag used to house a dreadnought so it just fits but getting a good case would be hard. This guitar would not get lost and certainly not stolen 'cause I'm a big guy and with this guitar I'm instantly a threat. Jokes aside I would buy this guitar again the stab the guy Who stole it with the headstock. I hope this guitar will last me about 2/3 years. I plan to buy a Jackson KE3 Kelly next just to be as diverse with my collection. And in the future I would love to have another Warlock but a with a tremolo and maybe a 7 string version.

Everything with this guitar so far (4 months in) is very good. I am very careful with it in that I clean it after I've used it just to keep any dirt from messing up the bridge etc. The strap buttons are very good and as the guitar hangs pretty much horizontally the chance of them coming off is pretty slim. I haven't gigged yet, probably because I'm a beginner, but I would gig with this and I would be sure it would be fine. The reason for the 9 is I haven't had it for long enough to say 10 i.e. it's frickin indestructable.

My guitar was specially ordered from the warehouse that supplies my music store so I was lucky in that it was pretty much untouched from the manufacturers. My music store still gave it a look over before I collected it and it was, for me, perfect. This my second electric guitar and my first with 24 frets and the upper fret access is very good. The action is also very good and as one might expect very low. Everything else like hardware and all the cosmetic things were fine. I got mine in the tombstone colour which is unusual but I didn't want black again.

My Warlock was made in 2005 in Korea. It has a 25.5" neck with 24 jumbo frets. The body is made from agathis and the neck is made of maple with a rosewood fingerboard. The neck has dot inlays is a bolt on. This guitar like all the platinum series has a tune-o-matic bridge, with a string thru body design, sealed diecast BCR tuners, dual BDSM humbuckers, stop tail piece and chrome hardware and of course the wicked widow headstock. The guitar has a seperate volume knob for both neck and bridge humbuckers and a master tone control, with a 3 way Switch to go between single or both at the same time. When I got this it only came with a cable and that's about it.