Platinum Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Warlock

Purchased from: Some Guy

It sound much better than my last guitar, a Peavey Falcon International Series, whic isnt saying much but hey. it's great for metal, whic is what I play, Lamb Of God, Black Dahlia Murder ect. Although I don't think it would give you too much in the way of pop/country, but lets face it, you'd wouldn't fit in with this guitar. My setup is rather puny, just a small Park Marshall 10 watter with no pedal, but I manage to get some pretty chrunchy tones with the 2.

I play heavy/death metal and this guitar get the job more than done. I've been playing for comming up on 2 years now and have only owned the Peavey mentioned earlier so this guitar is a great improvment, but when I get a better amp and a proper pedal that will be the proper time to judge. When I checked out this guitar before I bought it I thought it ws great, which I still do, but I played it through the guys pedal and good amp, which made a much nicer sound than my set up but ahh well. If this got stolen then I would be steamed, but I would defenetly try to get another like it. One of the best things about this gutiar, as with most B.C. Riches, is it's marvaltastic shape and it's great fingerboard and neck. Although I with it didn't have the chips I did buy it knowing about them. I initaly thought of buying a Jackson DKMG or an ESP LTD M-200 but both had Floyde Rose locking systems whihc I can't stand so this won me over with it's shape and bridge. In the future I would like to get more B.C. Rich guitars like a Beast or WarBeast as I'm so impressed with the overall guitar.

Because I don't, so far, do gigs I woudnt really know, but the thing seems really solid and there are no hardware problems to date. The strap buttons are huge and solid, it took me a while to find a strap that would fit them and they sure as hell aint falling off. This finish and fret boards are really good and neither have any signs of wear nor tear.

As I got this second hand the action was alredy lowered perfectly, as were the pickups adjusted. The bridge dosnt do any silly moving around when you mute like those dratted Floyd Rose thingamys so I'm happy. The only bit of the guitar that's slightly rusted is the little allan screw things in the individual string holders in the bridge, but only on the screwing parts, so looks fine.

This is a great guitar made in Korea with jumbo 24 frets, it's got the sweet Widow headstock, with the neck made of Hard Maple, Rosewood fingerboard and Chesswood body, or so I'm told, I wouldn't have a clue and it's a bolt on but with great accsess to the upper frets. The fret board is really thin and fast, brilliant for soloing etc. It's got a great Black finish that's quite tough, although it did have a few chips on the bottom points when I got it. it's got a non-locking one piece tremolo bridge, but I don't use a whammy bar so. The die cast BC Rich tuners are pretty good, they keep to the tune you want nice and proper. You get 2 volume, one for each pick up (BDSM Humbuckers ay bridge and neck) which is great for getting a unique sound. The body style is great and it's very comfortable to sit and play, but a little challenging to get thr right stance while standing, as the neck has a habbit of going parralel with the floor, but you just need to find the balance.

blowervac
    been playing ibanez guitars until i found this beasty wont change from a bc rich in a hurry awesome guitar!
    HIPJES
    sic_riffs
    i know somebody who has this and it sounded awful through a fender princeton but my seven string version kicked its ass
    ikarian-pride
    HIPJES wrote: I'm gonna buy a bc rich warlock revenge and it's forms and sound are amazing. Me also have a roland cube 15 x with distortion and overdrive effect in it. | | //// | | |m|/('_')\|m|
    dude i got the revenge its awsome the sound IS amazing but within the first 2 months i had elecrtical problems with it now its in the guitar techs hands till he fixes it oh and i got the roland cube 20x its way better than the 15x trust meit has distortion,overdrive,metal,metal stack,acustic and tubedrive plus it has 4 efx,delay and reverb
    dmnhntr888
    Anytime I see a BC Rich with over a 5 star rating i laugh. Thats every bc rich reviewed on this site. The only people that buy bc riches are metal heads whove been playing for like 2 months and are like oh that guitar looks cool. If you want a good metal guitar go with Jackson or Dean. BC Riches are sh*t.
    Humanbean
    I disagree with you dmngntr although both Dean and B.C. Rich have the looks for Metal i think they both play like s***. Ibanez 4 life but this is just my opinion.
    AlexAngus
    As much as this pains me to say it... this guitar is over-rated. 9's & 10's???? Please! It was my dream guitar as a kid and was so excited when I bought it. I have been playing for 20 years now and once I bought an Ibanez RG550 & Ibanez S470FM, and more recently a Gibson Les Paul & Flying V I realised how a good guitar should sound & play. The Warlock just feels cheap and the tone is horrible - shrill, harsh & thin. I suspect the posters who are rating this guitar a 9 or 10 are either beginners or have not played many guitars because how can you rate this thing alongside a PRS, a Les Paul, S series Ibanez or a Strat? You can't. I love the look (nod to Blackie Lawless from WASP) but it just doesn't cut it if you want to be a serious guitar player.