Platinum Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Platinum Warlock

Purchased from: eBay

My music style is metal and rock although occasionally I also play blues and I have to say it sound amazing for metal and rock and for blues it sounds better than I expected giving a rich sound. I use a Fender Frontman 15G amp for the most part and it sounds good with it. It isnt very noisy and offers a great powerful rich sound that when used with distortion sounds defined yet appropriate.

This guitar is great for rock and metal. I've been playing for a few months and I own a Squier Stratocaster which is great for classic rock and blues but I now see this is way better for my type of music. If it were lost or stolen I would most likely buy another one unless I had enough money to buy a better guitar. I love the feel of playing it as well as the looks and great sound. I dislike the poor fretting job at the second fret. My favorite features are the pickups which are stock but I love the sound they produce. I have compared it with my friends Epiphone SG and my Stratocaster. I only wish it had a better fretting job which is the only problem I have encountered with this guitar.

I've never played it live but it seems like it will do a great job and also it will please the audience with its awesome look. This guitar is a few years old and the hardware looks like new. The strap buttons are solid and firm in place. The finish is great and longlasting.

The guitar was set up well from the factory but the action could be lowered more and can have extremely low action and minimal buzzing. The pickups were well adjusted and offered a great sound from factory settings. The bridge needed very little adjustments. The finish is great and durable as this guitar has taken damage, the only flaws on the finish were that the points chipped. There was also a poor fretting job on the second fret which caused a little buzzing. These were the only flaw which was great considering how great it is and the price.

This guitar I beleive is an import, most likely from Korea or Japanbecause thats where I've read most B.C. Rich's are made. It has 24 Frets, a rosewood neck, and a 25 1/2" scale. I has a solid top and a body made of agathis which is good for that metal sound. The finish is great and durable as this guitar has taken damage and not chipped although the points do chip. Mine has a non-locking tremolo bridge which is alright because prolongued use will make it go out of tune. The pickups are BC Rich humbuckers that have a different design or cover that gives them that active pickup look although they are passive. It has 3 beautiful metal knobs, 2 control knobs and 1 volume knob as well as a 3-way selector. It has just regular tuners.

Donovan420
    Ive had my B.C Rich warlock for about 2 years now.I bought it form a friend for about 60 bucks. It was dusty and missing strings and the action was outta wack...But about 3 days later with a lil elbow grease the guitar was looking and playing like new. Ive NEVER had aproblem and its hard to put down.Its easly the greatest guitar ive ever had.I raise my glass to all the proud owners of a B.C rich.Metal for life!!!! - Donovan420
    !Travis!
    I got one of these and its almost as good as a schecter or srv strat, the 1st knob is turned right up for treble and the 2nd one is slightly up for bass, the selector in the middle and the tone halfway with my death metal dist. pedal. and i changed to ernie ball custonm guage strings as the originals sucked and now its AMAZING the pickups arent thaaaaat bad if you set them like that but too much bass and its not the greatest lol.