Red Bevel Warlock Pack review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Red Bevel Warlock Pack

Purchased from: Amazon.com

The bridge pickup has a great sound for power chords and fast riffs but for solos it doesn't quite cut it where as the neck pickup is great for sweeping, taping and just generally fast shredding but can get extremely muddy for down tuned riffs. Overall the tone of the guitar is great for styles such as Megadeth, Slayer etc. I play through a Zoom G1XN pedal which by the way is a fantastic pedal and obviously the B.C. Rich Incinerator amp. I must say even though the pickups on this guitar are not the best they do crush a lot of other similarly priced pickups. Through this rig I get some damn amazing sounds.

I play mostly thrash metal and melodic metal and for thrash this thing is perfect. Anyone looking for an inexpensive simple thrash metal guitar should consider this one. As for heavier stuff that involves de-tuning more than half a step I would suggest looking for something with either 7 strings or pickups designed to cope with the low notes, that being said pickups can always be changed. I love this guitar for 2 main features, 1. The feel of the neck is like no other and I never would have expected this from such a cheap guitar. 2. This guitar looks so amazing and it always attracts attention in public! If it were stolen to be honest I probably wouldn't buy another one. For no reason other than I now prefer 7 strings and my wallet doesn't allow for lots of guitars.

So far since I got this guitar I **** you not, the strap has not come off once while standing up besides of course if I pull it off. The strap buttons are super solid and positioned in such a way that the strap just can't come off at all. The hardware feels perfectly strong but really there's not way to tell until something breaks and nothing has. The finish has survived multiple pretty serious knocks and hasn't chipped of at all besides when it was damaged in shipping. I have absolutely no doubt that this thing will be fine for a gig but you just never know what could happen so I would recommend having a backup anyway.

I wont lie, the factory setup was not impressive at all but after a few hours of adjusting the pickups, bridge and truss rod this thing feels great. I have played on a decent number of guitars including a $2000 dollar ESP eclipse, an LTD M-1000 and this guitar wins when it comes to feel in my opinion, the shape of it is just perfect. It doesn't feel like a guitar, it feels like the thing that has been missing from your had! There is nothing to fault in the electronics or the finish on this guitar, it had a small chip when I got it but it was very clearly packaged poorly so again that wont effect my rating of the guitar.

With 24 frets, a rosewood fretboard, a beautiful red beveled body, passive B.C. Rich stock humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone and a 3 way pickups selector, this guitar is the perfect place to start playing guitar. I would prefer it to have a Floyd Rose bridge but that's just personal preference, I am not going to lower my rating based on that. $375 for this guitar, a rather amazing 10 watt amp, a strap, a stand and a bunch of picks is a really good deal. Unfortunately I made the mistake of not dealing directly with Amazon and the guy I was dealing through screwed me over and ordered a cheaper package with only the guitar and amp valued at $280 but charged me for the more expensive pack, that obviously does not effect my rating because the guy's fault not the product.