Revenge Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Revenge Warlock

The Warlock will suit you only if you are into the rock (& roll) genres. I don't have a big amp, but it says enough on its own without a fancy amp. I use a FAB Danelectro Metal Stopbox (pedal) that gives it a crunch that most Metal fans will be familiar with. It goes fine with any other effects as well. The noise factor really depends on how good you are and what you are using, if anything. It really has a variety of great sounds, good clean and gain. I also recommend using Monster Cables for a precise and clear tone.

Again, if you are into Rock genres, then this is for you. I have owned mine for two years, and it still is running, if you will. I use it in conjunction win Danelectro petals. Before I bought this, I didn't know much about guitars. If you are still a little confused about it, ask a salesperson at your local Guitar Center. They'll tell you what you need to know. If I were to ever lose this, I would get another one, simply because I would miss the amazing tone and style of my beauty. I love that range of tones this thing can dish out. What I don't like is tuning and the head. The G always gets me (Maybe I should upgrade tuners), and the head sticks out that I'm afraid I will hit it on the ceiling and break it. Maybe I should upgrade tuners. My favorite feature is the knobs. Chrome looks sharp.

This guitar will go where you will. People say "ooh" and "aaah, shiny." Yes, it can go Live as long as you can. The hardware is pretty decent, but if you don't take care of it, the screws around the pickups might rust. But not badly. It has a good pair of strap buttons, they've held all of my straps. That's saying a lot. You can depend on it, but as I have said before: just take care of it. The finish is glossy, so I recommend that you clean and/or polish it once every one to two weeks.

I didn't find any flaws at purchase, except that the new stings had to be broken in. I have No Doubt that the builders at B.C. had the consumer, as well as the player in mind when this was made. Although, the nut will get cut into, but (I hope) that's normal.

The B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock has many great features, such as Diamond inlays, a Rosewood fingerboard, and chrome hardware. This beauty was made Circa 2006, from Japan. This guitar has 24 jumbo frets on a hardwood neck. The finger board may be wide, that's a small price for a 25-1/2" scale. The volume and tone knobs are not labeled, but you can figure it out. It has a bridge selector with three different settings. It comes with a set of BCR pick-ups, that are Tune-O-Matic. Unfortunately, it (when I bought it) comes with no extra accessories.

necromaniac
    Aussie Ghost wrote: With BC rich it really is a matter of you get what you pay for. If your a teenager looking to impress people with an epic looking guitar, then by all means by a warlock for $500. It will sound raw, will limit you to playing specific genres and styles and will hinder your ability to hit that insane solo in Joan Jett and the Blackhearts "I love rock and roll"....But hey, it looks cool right?
    how does it hinder you from playing a joan jett solo?
    Megallica666
    BFun
    ScreaminSavior wrote: Megallica666 wrote: woot i love bandwagons! bc rich sucks almost as much as line6 and marshal mgs amirights!!! what the hell dudes?! B.C. Rich guitars arent nearly as bad as you all are making them out to be. now i cant much for marshall mgs,but Line 6 is not a bad brand. I will say that i prefer the original SPider over the Spider 3,but the Spider 3 isnt all that bad...i ahte it when people bash Line 6. =>0
    Preetttyy sure he was being sarcastic dude
    Phoenix-Kun
    ....i dislike warlocks quite a bit. The only thing i really dislike is the wood is really cheap. Almost any low end stock pick-up is gonna hinder you. The plus is that they usually have pretty fast necks, but its cheap wood. You get what you pay for with B.C. but i'm sick of seeing so many diff warlocks. I got mine after palying a year...I then got a gorgeous Les Paul about a year and a half later...this guitar dosn't look cool when compared to some that you can buy out there for the same amount and get better sound out of I give it a 5/10
    Akiel
    I own one of these and it's pretty good. I play thrash metal and it will do just fine for practice or a small gig. Do a long gig and this will screw up your neck/shoulders. The standard stuff it comes with are decent. The sustain is good,so is the sound. But it could be better so I'm changing the humbucking pickups to EMG 81 and 85. The neck's a bit heavy and the thing pokes you if you play it sitting down though. You'll get used to that after a while. Get this guitar if you like the looks( It looks great,trust me),want to own a warlock and can play around a bit. If you're a beginner, I suggest you buy something lighter. Coz this IS B.C Rich and they just make guitars heavy. Overall rating 7.5/10. A good guitar but they could make it better.
    Like I Is
    Macabre_Turtle wrote: I own a really cheap BC Rich Warlock, and a really cheap ESP, the two brands that get the most shit for being about looks, but I prefer them over every guitar I've touched in Guitar Center.
    Do you have fingers?
    Fenyx
    finally someone that doesn't hate B.C. Rich..... one quick question though for all u haters: Why are u posting ur obviously biased opinions about B.C. Rich on a B.C. Rich guitar reveiw? just to piss ppl off or what?
    WhistleBug
    Well thank you Fenyx. Seriously guys. If you don't like it, then write your own review of your guitar.
    ashman_95
    My uncle has a bc. rich and he says they're good for metal and rock. i think they ROCK!
    Mad_Rocker_Guy
    Thats because the shitty BC's are built in China, the highest quality one's are built in america, mine was built in Japan, which is middle quality
    Mad_Rocker_Guy
    I've got the Warlock Red Bevel version, it plays nice, but I can't help feeling that the pick ups are a bit... sketchy?
    warrenguitar
    Love the shape of this guitar, well rounded, performance guitar. BC's are always trustable for a great guitar.
    Argonaut
    I'm just looking for a guitar thats reliable and suits the metal sound I want to create. Ordered mine already
    Hispasian16
    I have the B.C. Rich Warlock Revenge, an Epiphone Chameleon, and a Laguna. I like the B.C. Rich the best, but i heard that all three of the guitars suck.
    dwink1217
    washburn0c03
    I agree
    Shakalum
    dude. what's up with people liking the way B.C.s look? they don't look "badass" - they look cheap and cheesy as all get out.
    Chufu
    jonathanonfire
    bc rich's are horrible... unless you're willing to spend an arm and a leg for a good one. warlocks are shitty as ****.
    greenparty49
    alll show and no go people you could get a lower priced Jackson or Ibanez thats built way better and has a kick ass tone for almost the same price =P
    S.O.B666
    dwink1217 wrote: being that the warlock is bc rich's most popular guitar, that's why it gets so much crap. warlocks not up to standard guitars. obviously built for beginners that can't play and need looks to impress they shouldn't be judged by just this though. their guitars such as the NJ mockingbirds are fantastic.
    hey man thats very untrue it aint just for beginners my friend has one and a strat and the warlock sounds better than the strat does.
    S.O.B666
    dude the warlock isnt just for begginners. my friend has a warlock and a strat and half the tie the wrlock sounds better than the strat. P.S. my friend is an insanely good guitarist.
    Mazzakazza
    Dude... Wait... What??!!?[/quote] ... I agree.
    Pingis_Or_Death
    it's sad but true
    shwilly
    This flat top version of the Warlock
    I thought all the warlocks were pretty flat...
    6_Feet_Below
    Shabalaba
    J.J.G.
    [quote]6_Feet_Below wrote: Chufu wrote: oh boy. ANOTHER warlock. I hear the kids in the backroom of Hot Topic getting ready to get theirs now. hey nothing wrong with Hot Topic but ya, warlocks are seriously overated. i played a Warbeast once at guitar center, everything about it sucked, i bought an Ibanez RG4 instead.[/quote/] smart move...belive me
    ShredderOmega
    Shabalaba wrote: 6_Feet_Below wrote: Chufu wrote: oh boy. ANOTHER warlock. I hear the kids in the backroom of Hot Topic getting ready to get theirs now. hey nothing wrong with Hot Topic but ya, warlocks are seriously overated. i played a Warbeast once at guitar center, everything about it sucked, i bought an Ibanez RG4 instead. haha it depends what model, you get lower and higher ones.. BC Rich are pretty well priced for what you get
    Personally, I think B.C.Rich rock for looks.. but that's about it. I vote ESP, though I hear their woods aren't up to standard I haven't seen much proof of that.
    ScreaminSavior
    Macabre_Turtle
    Dean-Junkie
    Mazzakazza wrote: flyingmarlin wrote: [quote] It comes with a set of BCR pick-ups, that are Tune-O-Matic. Dude... Wait... What??!!?
    ... I agree.[/quote] ...Lol.
    ChicNStu0017
    Warlocks are pretty much B.C. Rich's cheapest guitar, and pretty popular...a lot of other brands have those too. And B.C. Rich makes some pretty nice other guitars. The guitar store around here sells them and they got a new one (not sure of the name) and it just has a normal shape but it's a deep glossy purple and has a design down the fretboard that shines and has a purple tint. It looks really awesome and doesn't come cheap, I'd like to see it played. Got to admit, they've got some cool looking guitars.
    Td_Nights
    For everyone saying ALL of their guitars are bad, please look in the direction of an NJ Mockingbird or some sort of higher-up Assasin. I love them.
    necromaniac
    what about the metal master warlock, ..... i just know there are going to be ass who say it sucks and people who say thay are good, i want one but i dont know if i should buy it.
    {DSA_Soldier}
    Everything is wrong with Hot Topic.
    gunnabefamous69
    I dont have anything against BC Rich... there a heavy metal guitar... my friend had a Kerry King signature V and it took a lickin' and kept on kickin' and i think durability is a good thing to look for in a guitar but i play bass so it doesnt really matter to me thats jsut my opinion
    IArePlayGuitar
    BC Rich guitars are almost all crap, with the exception of higher model Mockingbirds. And there is nothing wrong with Line 6. They are great middle-ground amps for people who don't have the cash to buy pro-equipment.
    ghoulsnightout
    early rich's are sick...but some newer ones arent bad..my friend used to play a bich and it sounded pretty ****ing killer and played just as wel...it was the bich with the ass painted on it?> hahaha it wasnt that bad but warlocks are shitt
    MorbidVirus
    Cheap cool looking guitars... I'd save up for a higher end BC Rich with a FR or Kahler
    Aussie Ghost