Revenge Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Revenge Warlock

Purchased from: Guitar Center Online

This suits my musical styling perfect. I have been playing for a year and 2 months. I play Deathcore Metal. (As blood runs black, job for a cowboy, all shall perish). This guitar can pull of the pinches okay, not to well though. The neck is perfect quick slides from the lower frets to soloing frets. I use a Line 6 Spider III 150 75Wx2 2X12 Stereo Guitar Combo Amp with my Revenge. They work great together. I tried to turn my amp to 10 and this guitar did well at full volume on a 150 watt. This guitar has a crazy variety. You can play anything from jazz to the craziest non-melodic metal out there. This guitar will provide.

The REvenge matches my style of play. I've been playing for 1 year and 2 months, I own a Gibson SG, a Schecter Damien Flying-V and a Line 6 Spider III 150 75Wx2 2X12 Stereo Guitar Combo Amp. If it were stolen or lost I would huntdown the ******** Who lost or stole my 300 dollars, if I couldn't find HIM I would not buy this guitar again. I love the easy acces to all frets made possible by the smooth maple neck. I hate tightening the frequently loose tuners. I wish it had EMG pickups. Overall it's a trusty guitar, people always ask me about and say "Woah! Sick axe man!"

This guitar will surely withstand Live playing. I've never dropped it, I care about my instruments and don't treat them wrong. This guitar is heavier than most. But I'm sure that if I do drop it, this guitar will hold up. The only problem I've had with hardware was the input jack. It came lose and fell off while playing a show at school. My guitar lost sound and I looked bad in front of my entire school. I would recommend you have it repaired as soon as you get it. 4 of my friends own this guitar and have had the exact same problem. The finish is not good to last on the white version of this guitar. It came drab and it will become more drab with use.

The action was perfect for my taste. I like it low and near the frets. I saw no in-factory problems. The pickups were extremely low. I had to get them adjusted for a price. Wasn't to bad, although I could have used that money for something else. Bridge and top were properly routed and bookmatched respectively. The only flaw in the guitar was the color finish. I have never seen a dimmer non-vibrant white on a guitar. I give "Action, Fit & Finish" an 8 for poor color.

Not sure where or when it was made. The B\.C\. Rich Revenge Warlock has a solid Agathis body which is pretty cool. Sports a bolt-on hard maple neck, widow headstock (also cool), chrome hardware and two BDSM humbucker pickups(not the best). The Warlock comes in black with white binding as well as white with black binding, and the rosewood fingerboard has Diamond inlays. Chrome hardware and a tune-o-matic bridge. 1 Volume, 1 tone and a 3 way Switch are shown. There were no accessories provided. The white color is drab and boring. I highly recommend black.And the edges of the spikes on the Agathis tend to ship easily. It gets out of tune way to easy as well.

The Dries
    I think for the price you'd be better off going for an Ibanez, my mate has a Warlock but my GRG170DX plays way better, has a trem, H-S-H config and was 30 quid cheaper. I dont dislike B.Cs i just hate these low end ones, you get a mediocre sound a nice finish and thats about it.
    whencowsfart101
    necromaniac wrote: what about the metal master warlock, ..... i just know there are going to be ass who say it sucks and people who say thay are good, i want one but i dont know if i should buy it.
    For the love of God don't.
    melikemusicalot
    i played this at guitar center and it was selling for $300. ill give credit that its not as bad as claimed but the b.c. rich masterpiece mockingbird sounds so much better. and the warlock kinda throws u into a stereotype. with the mockingbird. its a little easier to be taken serious.
    melikemusicalot
    THE_NEXT_ROOT
    i have seen many famous artists use warlocks such as trivium, slipknot, and priest, however, i havnt played one. i have done alot of research from other sites on warlocks and ive decided to purchase. i need time in a store to sample and get a feel for the fret board but as far as reviews and online blogs go, i feel confident i will enjoy a bc rich
    lunetico
    Megallica666 wrote: woot i love bandwagons! bc rich sucks almost as much as line6 and marshal mgs amirights!!!
    stillakiddo
    can ny one compare these guitars fr me .... ibanez grg270, revenge warlock, nd esp ex-50 .... plzz do reply..willing to purchase one of em
    jesusismyr0ck
    i just want a fix up to my liking guitar, so do you think its made half way decent enough so i can put some blackouts on it *ahb-2 bridge ahb-1 neck*, then change the nut, and different tuners; all professionally set up of course, would it then be a decent guitar.. i know i should probably just get a higher up guitar but this way i could break it down in smaller purchases and it would be how i would want it
    jaggedjay
    the only thing wrong with the b.c. rich warlock revenge is the pickups but most standed pickups are bad i love my b.c.rich guitar so **** off you haters