Revenge Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Revenge Warlock

Purchased from: musicland express

This is a great beginners metal guitar, I'm running it through a Kustom 12 Gauge amp. Nothing big but I can get some deep metal sounds. This guitar is a screamer and thats what it's made for, I've used it to play some more cleaner and soft stuff but it just doesn't feel right playing some modest mouse on a guitar like this. Overall it can make alot of sounds, but you look like an idiot if your not playing metal with this thing.

I play metal and other heavier music styles, this is the perfect guitar for the style I play. I've been playing for acouple months, I've played several amazing guitars through the local guitar shop and friends. This guitar is quite good for the price it is and I would surely buy another B.C. Rich guitar. I would rather buy the Original Warlock, or the upgraded NJ Deluxe Warlock. The large headstock turns me off of this guitar. But I still love it for the body and sound.

Unless you are a bodybuilder this guitar isn't suggested for long gigs. The thing weights more than any guitar I've felt. This thing is a rock, if you are strong enough to take the weight abuse it is worth playing on stage. The finish so far hasn't been tarnished yet, this thing's paint looks as good as it did in the box.

The factory setup was quite good, action was almost perfect. I moved around the pickups but nothing to worry about. the wiring is great in my guitar, no problems that I can tell. The finish is perfect other than a very small bit of the black edgeing. It looked a bit touchy in 1 small part of the guitar. The rest of this guitar is flawless, surprised that a low priced guitar could sound and look this good.

-Year made was 2008 in China. -24 Jumbo frets. -Flat top. -Glossy White with a black seam around the top corners. -It's the B.C. Rich metal looking guitar. -Tune-o-Matic -The stock Pick-Ups are the basic B.C. Rich B.D.S.M. Humbuckers. -Master Volume and Master Tone with a 3 way selector -It came with nothing more than a Tool for adjusting the action and the cord to the amp. -Upgraded headstock (what sets the revenge apart from regular.)

svarkey93
    To all the people saying Warlocks are for beginners or people that cant play need we remind you who the big names are that play them? I owned both fenders and ESPs and thought they were crap guitars. Each to their own.
    Gitarpre
    hmm... its nothing wrong with warlock guitars.. I don't understand why Kerry King in slayer use them and Mick Thompson in Slipknot used Warlock if it sucks so badly as you guys saying. i have 3 warlock guitars NJ Deluxe, Revenge and NT. i like these guitars. so seriously, stop saying that these guitars sucks, if you looking after a guitar that sucks go in a music store and ask for a Fender stratocaster copy.
    BFMV1995
    Like I Is wrote: Macabre_Turtle wrote: I own a really cheap BC Rich Warlock, and a really cheap ESP, the two brands that get the most shit for being about looks, but I prefer them over every guitar I've touched in Guitar Center. Do you have fingers?
    LOL
    Avalon Ace7
    This guitar was made to last and blast! Perfect shape, about the weight.... well.. Have you wielded a battleaxe before? it rocks!, so does this Black Brutal Beauty, "MY B3" lol but this guitar is as brutal as fragile!! the neck is a bit fragile :/ you must watch out where do you drop it or you'll get an awful surprise... my score 9.0
    Andrew1987
    Add an EMG pickup or two, and this is a great choice for metal. Don't listen to the fogey's stuck on their top three brands, they're just too stupid to know how to change new hardware.
    ramajackson4
    I don't see why you hate warlocks so much... i have a revenge warlock with duncan designed and strings thru-body, sounds way better than my ibanez rg