SE Archtop Bich Baritone Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 06/16/2006 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: SE Archtop Bich Baritone
The Archtop Bich Baritone Guitar has a sleek Archtop and white binding. This guitar can be described as just a straight ahead rocker. Features include 30" scale, black hardware, BDSM humbucking pickup, ebony fingerboard with diamond inlays, and more!
 9.4
 8.5
 1,247
review (1) pictures (1) 61 comments vote for this gear:
SE Archtop Bich Baritone Reviewed by: beatle, on june 16, 2006

Features: The Features are pretty satisfing for me. I would have been even hapier if there were some cool inlays. The neck looks pretty empty without them, but that's just details. - Fixed bridge - 2 tone & 1 main volume knob - 3-way pickup swich - 2 BDSM B.C. Rich humbucker pickups - Rosewood fingerboard - Unfortunatly no inlays - Available only in BlackOnyx - Comes only with a cheap cable and a smal tool for adjusting the neck. // 9

Sound: The sound is just perfect. It has a very full sound, not like any other B.C. Rich guitar I've ever playied with. The clean sound is realy mellow and the distorded one one is thick and loud as it should be. It's basicly a metal-guitar but a classic rocker would also love it. Songs like smoke on the water, Highway To Hell and Voodoo Child sound way cool played with this guitar. But if your more into blues-rock and such I woudn't recomend this guitar for your style. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The build of the guitar is just perfect, no problems with it. The action is just as perfect to! You can rock with it for hours and have no problems at all since is very light; almost half the weight of my ASM! The neck is also very comfty and not at all disapointing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Well I got this guitar 3 months ago so I can't give an opinion about this guitars durability but B.C. Rich guitar generally have a long lifetime. I wouldn't use it on a gig without a backup 'cause is a bit stupid to have only one guitar you never know what may happen but I really trust this guitar and I don't think it will let me down on a gig anytime soon. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is one of those which you will get a hard time trying to spot its bad point, but I said before is mostly suitable for heavy-hard genres. Cool features, great sound and great action, what else do you need? The only trouble you might get is finding a case which will fit a Bich model. // 10

Comments